" I Went Out For A Paper; Told Her I'd Be Back By Noon. "

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Fantastic post, especially ruger's comments, clearly from Molly's and Kay's comments men are from Mars and woman are from Venus!!!!

Just to put a balance on the quote above its sort of more 'accepted' thats its guys that head off and leave partner and kids behind, but its not always that way round....

I left husband and kids 12 years ago, not for anyone else, but because I couldn't do the supportive little wifey number anymore...it felt like it was time to go or crack up if I didn't. Selfish, probably yes, but honest. I'd grown up with parents who were at each other all the time and wasn't prepared to do that to my kids. Preferred to be honest and go rather than pretend everything was fine. And I've never seen it as 'love' to tear kids in two and make them pawns between the two people they love most.

Oddly six months after I left my daughter said we'd now become friends and when both she and my youngest son went through some difficult teenage stuff they could talk to me about issues which they couldn't to their dad.

I've got plenty of guilt and regrets, but I wouldn't roll the years back and change that choice.

Fantastic post, especially ruger's comments, clearly from Molly's and Kay's comments men are from Mars and woman are from Venus!!!!

What a dream!!! Might ask Santa for that one.

You've completely lost me there.....i thought i agreed with Rugers post :hmm::blink:

MOLL.

Cheers for the Johnny Cash track Molly...i enjoyed it very much...Talking of Johnny Cash...The Wanderer with U2 is one of my all time favourites :yes: ..I think he must of had a few wimin troubles at one time or another though :whistling:

Understand Your Man :D

Don’t call my name out your window, I’m leavin'

I won’t even turn my head.

Don’t sent your kinfolk to give me no talkin'

I’ll be gone, like I said.

You’d just say the same old things

That you be sayin' all along,

Just lay there in your bed and keep your mouth shut,

Till I’m gone.

Don’t give me that old familiar cryin cussin' moan

Understand your man

I'm tired of you bad mouthing

Understand your man

You can give my other suit to the Salvation Army,

And everything else I leave behind

I ain’t takin' nothin' that’ll slow down my travelin’

While i'm untangeling my mind.

I ain't gonna repeat, what i said anymore

While i'm breathing air that ain't been breath before.

I'll be as gone as a wild goose in winter

Then you'll understand your man

Meditate on it!

Understand your man

You hear me talking?

Understand your man

You remember what i told you?

my brother popped out for milk one friday night met a girl in the shop took her clubbing stayed with herfor three days then come home to missus clutching the milk :boxing: she wasnt happy, :haha: i still smile when i think of that

I bet ya sister in law didnt :laugh::laugh::laugh:

i know two songs about that topic... one is by Springsteen- "Hungry Heart" and the other is some craptastic old 1960s or 70's country song.... the guy drops his kids off at school and he is at a cross road... deciding whether to turn right at Oak street and go to work or turn left and head for the hills.....

takes a selfish person to do that to his family in my opinion... but i suppose it would depend on your wife and kids... my husband's exwife is one he should have abandoned and never contacted again.... she gutted him and cleaned him like a fish... and that was BEFORE the divorce....

i guess it takes all sorts.. and who knows what they're thinking? i certainly cant judge them!

There has to be at least 2 categories here doesn’t there?

The first is that which is illustrated by Gardener, that of the person who, for motives of self-preservation and sanity, are moved to the extent of leaving everything behind.

You can’t judge people who find themselves in these situations, you never can tell how you yourself would act, given the same set of circumstances.

You may not agree with it, or more correctly, may not understand it, but it does happen to all kinds of decent people.

The second is probably the more common, that of the person who is compelled by little more than narcissistic contempt for his or her responsibilities. In these cases, the desire to change scene is generated sometimes by nothing more than selfish whim and at other times by manipulative cruelty.

It speaks of an utterly self-centred egotist, who sees their needs as paramount to all others, no matter how puerile or trivial those needs may be.

There may be a sociological or psychological term for such people, but generally people refer to them as complete c*nts.

i was going to point out springsteens "hungry heart" as well blue coyote..true story this one my grandfather went out to register my mothers birth 6 hours after she was born... it took my grandmother 18 months to find him and when they did he was fighting for the british army in the jungle of malaya ...what a lad he was ,,in a strange way i have always been proud of him he was just always himself and he made no apoliges for it .he was a mans man and prefered this life to family life...it takes every kind of people.... thank god we are not all the same