Hmr And Wind

Went out other day on a windy day to get an idea of point of aim set up my 1 inch sticky target on my zero bit of field. Now I do need to get s wind meter as I was going off my weather app which said 17mph winds set up at 55yard to get a idea was surprised it was not too bad at 100 yards it was out by a mil dot I thought this was ok for said wind speed

92E99150-C1F1-4E6C-8A49-9AEAE4DB6F73_zps

Defo wasn't 17mph lol. I'm sure mine used to do a 3.5 inch drift in a 10 mph wind at 100 yards. The Hmr is notoriously bad in the wind buddy, I personally didn't take mine out in varying wind conditions.

+1.

Its always windy where I shoot. Consequently my HMR spent much more time in the cabinet than it should have. It is definitely a calibre for calm conditions. :yes:

I bought a wind meter and it was quite surprising! Anything over 10 mph is pretty strong, I don't think I've registered over 20 mph yet. It's possible you have overestimated the wind speed.

A straight cross wind of 8 mph pushes my shots off by about 2" at least at 100 yards.

• Like 1