They Are Ganging Up Again!

Decided to take the Rapid out for a little stroll last night. Into the woods I went, as there are 4 magpies bent on destruction in there. I did not manager to get a shot at one of the damned things though. They were flighty hopping from branch to branch, hiding behind the thickest tangles. I will get them.

The pigeons are forming into waves again though. Not the massive ones you get in winter, but still reasonable sized 20-30 bird squadrons were coming in to land. So I had a nice time persuading 4 to stay with me! I could have had more if I had not been so enthusiastic as these things were stuffed full of sown wheat and or rape seedlings. I thought with each firing and subsequent crash to earth that all had flown, no they had not for with each retrieve I scattered a few slow coaches off the branches.

Oh well, then I realised I had not got a bag to put the catch in so the Mole "game carrier" of an piece of nylon cord was employed again. They did taste nice in a stir fry though!

good shooting mate,ive got a maggie building its nest not 3 metres away from my birds of prey mewses in a 15 foot conifer hedge,ive never saw them build a nest in a conifer before,i was going gto shoot them but ive a mate thats after a young maggie so i will let them be ,imprinted from young they are a good bird to train ,i had one as a kid for 2 year till next doors cat got it

• Like 1