bsa ultra multi

ace32

hiya folks,anyone out there,got any info on the ultra power,i have an ultra multi,its a month out the

shop,only fired maybe 150 pellets,put it through a crombo chronogragh today, best ft lb was 11.13,with

rws superdome,field line,1.5gr,average was 10.13 to10.86 ft lb,with aa diablo field 1.037 gr,the power was down to 10.14 to10.36 ft lbs,which seems well down,so any one know what the ultra is factory set at and with what pellet,cheers lads have a think ,cheers going to bed now on nights :signthankspin:

They set them low in the factory to cover themselves, its probably set up with a real heavy pellet like Bisley Magnum which will give hgher power than a light one. The only problem with settng up at full power with your choice of pellets is that it would probably be over the limit with magnums.

if you are likely to get your gun tested by the police you have to remember that they test with their pellets not yours. To cover you arse get the gun tested by a gunsmith on their chrono with your brand of pellets and ask them to write out a certificate of its power with those pellets and then keep it in your gunslip. You can then produce it if your challenged by the rozzers. Be sure to have the pellets its been tested with otherwise its pointless.

Hope this helps.

i have an ultra ms and it too is under-power with h&n field target trophy's. when i had it out-of-the-box it was doing 11.5ft/lb's+ with the same pellets but now after about 200 shots its power seems to have dropped to about an average of 10.5ft/lb's?!?

Luke

Edited by Scuzy