foxes as hunters

i dont know if this will get any replys because i dont know how true this story is or if its a load of crapp but i heard off someone in fact a few poeple iv met have mentione similar stories of keeping foxes as pets but what id heard of is someone hunting foxes with his dogs and a fox and the fox was ment to be awsome at it

i wouldnt have said anything but my dad was i a gunsmiths house last week and saw a old photo of a gsp and a fox pointing a bird together before the man shot it

just interested if anyone had any similar stories

i dont know if this will get any replys because i dont know how true this story is or if its a load of crapp but i heard off someone in fact a few poeple iv met have mentione similar stories of keeping foxes as pets but what id heard of is someone hunting foxes with his dogs and a fox and the fox was ment to be awsome at it

i wouldnt have said anything but my dad was i a gunsmiths house last week and saw a old photo of a gsp and a fox pointing a bird together before the man shot it

just interested if anyone had any similar stories

never heard of a fox hunting but there was a tv programme on last month with some bloke who had a domesticated fox, was curled up on the settee next his cat, took it for walks and everything.

Guest john2007oliver
how the hell would he have trained the dog to kill the hunted foxes but not the pet one?? thats an extreme story, could be true though.... mabye the fox acted as an undercover hunter lol :clapper:

Loads of dogs live with and tolerate cats but when they get outside and see any other one its game over. So could work for foxes.. Its just strange a fox hunting other foxes lol.

i know a well known lurcher man in my area who was out foxing one day and dug to cubs and the terrier killed all but one cub. so he took it home and bought it up and it was kept with his lurchers and terriers. but as for a fox hunting with dogs well it takes some believing .

regards wag :thumbs:

My personal opinion of tame foxes hunting alongside dogs or with humans is that is is a fantasy.Every single tame fox ive seen ,and ive known of a good dozen ,have been withdrawn ,scitish animals that loathed being touched and cowered at the slightest unusual noise .Not the sort of thing to induce a free hunting animal .Every single one of those ive known has gained its freedom through escape and has not been back since .Saw a pathetic specimen in the garden of a lurchermen in Gloucester that was on a running lead with a barrel at either end .Not good pets for sure :angry: .

Guest Chancer

seen an article in the cmw years ago about a ratcatcher to queen victoria who used foxes along side his russell types on rats in cellars,there was a pic of him with the terriers and two foxes peeking out of the pockets in his heavy coat.

Guest little_lloyd
seen an article in the cmw years ago about a ratcatcher to queen victoria who used foxes along side his russell types on rats in cellars,there was a pic of him with the terriers and two foxes peeking out of the pockets in his heavy coat.

What a scoop of shite :laugh::laugh:

i no of a terrierman who kept one and it was simmilar to a cat, out all nite and you never seen it during the day,at about 2 and a half years old it was last seen, it just used to wander the streets so it was probably killed by a car ?

Guest Chancer

:laugh: the article may have been but the pic seemed real enough.

Guest little_lloyd

:laugh: the article may have been but the pic seemed real enough.

Do you still have the article with the pic? Put it on if ye does :yes:

Still where these micro foxes to be in his coat pocket :hmm: