Pistol - Carbine

So lengthening a barrel and adding a stock on a pistol would that make it a carbine?

It stays as a pistol and must be kept under 6 foot pounds, otherwise it becomes a Section 5 firearm, as I guess you are aware.

I was aware, that's actually the answer I was looking for! I have a 2240 and is possible to lengthen the barrel add a stock etc and make it the same as a 2250 which is classified as a rifle... I was just wondering what would constitute a carbine or. Rifle is there a point a specific length etc?

I think my question may have scared a few people or was so stupid that no one wanted to answer lol! Was just looking for info? Have googled it a few times and can't seem to get an answer?

I am very aware of 6lb limit, and as I said its for paper so am very happy with its factory output! I actually did try a hammer spring but found that the hammer started hitting so hard I was pulling my shots! I took it out and put the crosman back in!

Pistol is as accurate as hell at 10 and 15 meters pellet on pellet! My question was really about definition, if I put a 14" barrell on it and a stock I couldn't rock up to a pistol comp and shoot as it would be a rifle? This is my confusion :)

Does anyone know?

Hows my baby doing ABE

have you taken any thing down with her yet

atvbmac :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hay mac matey! Was actually out last week with her on the rabbits... No camera for a pic but she got two lovely close ones clean head shots! She is a tack driver mac! Still surprises me how accurate she is! Will pm ya pal ;)

• Like 1

Pistol is as accurate as hell at 10 and 15 meters pellet on pellet! My question was really about definition, if I put a 14" barrell on it and a stock I couldn't rock up to a pistol comp and shoot as it would be a rifle? This is my confusion :)

Does anyone know?

Depends on the comp. If it's ISSF 10m then the pistol has to fit into a particular sized box. Exceptionally long barrels will become a hindrance in free standing comps. What do you want to do with it?

Was just a question really, I wanted too know what category I may find myself in after modding the barrel or adding an adjustable stock.. I am having a lot of fun shooting it and I know it can be highly modded just wondering really!

Thanks for the tip how big I the box? Roughly?

"A shotgun is described as a smooth-bore gun (not being an air-weapon) which has a barrel not less than 24 inches with a bore diameter not exceeding 2 inches. A firearm usually describes a cartridge-loading, rifled-barrel longarm (rifle) with a barrel not shorter than 300mm. Overall length of the firearm must not be less than 600mm unless it is a muzzle loader. Firearms include: muzzle-loading rifles or pistols; shotguns with a magazine capacity greater than three; airguns with power ratings exceeding 12 ft/lbs for rifles and 6ft/lbs for pistols; and historic pistols kept at home as part of a collection or kept at a designated historic site and used for non-competitive target practice." From gun dealer.net I will work around these measurements!!