A fella named Sid makes the moulds. 8x11mm are the "baby" ones I think. I forget the other size. A bit bigger though.

They tumble in flight so you get good stopping power and a wicked impact. He had some moulds for sale a while back, not sure if he still has them. He's one of the best shots I've seen and swears by them.

Here they are taking a rabbit.

Wish I could take the credit but that's not me -- just the beans being used! That video is Sid that makes the moulds.

I don't shoot them myself (though tempted to switch to them) but know several lads that swear by them.

In the vids I think they are shot from a 30-25 or 30-20 taper of single TBG.

blimey thats impressive ! ill have to see if his old mans still got the mould floating about . that shot on video is a cracker !!!!!!

think ive seen some moulds in the fishing tackle shop small ones though. but they might be able to get hold of a larger size

Edited by Ben Houghton

I think you can make them by drilling into wood then pouring lead into the holes, also using sand by pushing your finger into compressed sand to make hole then fill with lead

There is a YT video on how to make the wood mold. I don't remember but I thing it was Charles Morgan but not sure. I would tend to lean more towards that method over sand. Part of me likes the sand idea because I THINK (but don't now) that it would release easier than wood. If you try the sand method BE DAMN careful that you don't have water in it. Water and molten lead is a very BAD thing. just use some common sense and proper safety precautions and you will be fine.