bird snares NEWBIE question(s)

I am always looking for different ways to trap feral pigeons around here for dog training. I was told that a person could tie a bunch of snare to a weighted metal grate, through down some feed and then there would be a bunch of pigeons caught in them.

Problem is I have no clue how to tie/make the snares. How do you make a snare that will catch a bird? I know they use a similar method for catching birds of prey for falconry. So I am looking for some direction here (get to admit my ignorance). What do you tie the snares with (material) and how do you tie them?

Thanks

Scott

p.s. I am going to post this in a few different sections seeing as I am not sure where the best place to post it.

I am always looking for different ways to trap feral pigeons around here for dog training. I was told that a person could tie a bunch of snare to a weighted metal grate, through down some feed and then there would be a bunch of pigeons caught in them.

Problem is I have no clue how to tie/make the snares. How do you make a snare that will catch a bird? I know they use a similar method for catching birds of prey for falconry. So I am looking for some direction here (get to admit my ignorance). What do you tie the snares with (material) and how do you tie them?

Thanks

Scott

p.s. I am going to post this in a few different sections seeing as I am not sure where the best place to post it.

think thats aganst the law to do that :yes:

Thanks

Scott

think thats aganst the law to do that :yes:

dont know in your contary just seen your flag :hmm:

The snares your on about for catching birds of prey are called bal-chatri. You will prob need to google it or something but basically its loads of snares made out of fishing line.

I did a search using that term and found exactly what I needed. Thanks for the input here. I will report back with my findings. When I ask building managers if I can trap pigeons on their roof around here then practically beg me to bring a trap kind of funny. Works for both of us. I am just looking at some other methods.