Terrier Type

Guest Jonner

With having very little experience of working with terriers and the intention soon of getting one,i just wondered on what type of terrier would suit me best for ratting and general ratching about with the lurchers??.A good friend of mine keeps real hard digging stuff and to be truthful they are to highly strung for what im after and take no f*cking notice when called back :11:.Any advice would be great,thanks

get a JRT or a Border, or a cross bred, i would avoid Patterdales and such like unless you are going to be doing a lot of digging, they need that kind of work.

my brother once had a little cross bred terrier (we got her from the coalman) and despite not knowing how she was bred, and the fact she was the ugliest dog i have every seen with no normal terrier looks or traits (she was basically a small docked mongrel), she was great for the kind of knock about hunting you are on about.

Or get a failed earth dog, there are lots of possibilities, but borderboy is correct its the training that counts!