Bushing From Both Ends

Tozer

You gotta be able to read your dog, no scent the dog will not enter cover plenty scent and dog is in lik a bullet

Youre right jcm, their has to be scent about..... and to answer truther, she has had her first season but that was when she just under a year old.

Scents useful,yet id expect a bushing jukel to look for scent in the same manner it works on scent.

You gotta be able to read your dog, no scent the dog will not enter cover plenty scent and dog is in lik a bullet

Youre right jcm, their has to be scent about..... and to answer truther, she has had her first season but that was when she just under a year old.

Its just a possibility mate, the hormone thing affects my bitch noticeably , if she's 15 months now that's 5/6 months from her last season, the timings not miles out?

Its just a possibility mate, the hormone thing affects my bitch noticeably , if she's 15 months now that's 5/6 months from her last season, the timings not miles out?

I think you could be right because she's due to come into season anytime now..... just out of interest whats the earliest time they can have there first season, at what age. atb daywalker.

Edited by day and night walker

I think you could be right because she's due to come into season anytime now..... just out of interest whats the earliest time they can have there first season, at what age. atb daywalker.

Oddly enough she has just come in today, well she's starting too swell.... Can anyone tell me apart from the obvious reasons is there any other reasons why i should not work her while she is in season ie are their any health risks. atb daywalker.

If she is swelling, at least its puts your mind to rest about the bitch working, you sounded a bit disappointed with her in your first post mate.

Long time since i had terriers mate, specially bitches, from memory i think i had a bitch that came in season at 9 months once, but bitches can fluctuate anyway, first one is here nor there really, my current bitch went 14 months, 12 months,12 months, 6 months, intervals, im breeding her next time, hoping she will go back to 12 month intervals? Im thinking the 6 month interval is a sign her body is telling her to breed? But she's more than proven, and ive got a few pups ordered already ;)

Bitches build fat up round their organs on the run up to their season, and hormone changes, that's got to be the reason for them being lethargic with the working, must take a lot of energy to get their body ready for pups? Just use common sense with the exercise/working mate, shouldn't be a problem in these temperatures, be extra careful in summer.

• Like 1

Forget working around dogs as it just fuucks everything right up :laugh:

I always gave my staffy bitch time off during and after her season especially if i was out with others and their male dogs. I did take her out the odd time shooting on our own but frankly she could be a bit of a giddy cnut ;)

• Like 2

If she is swelling, at least its puts your mind to rest about the bitch working, you sounded a bit disappointed with her in your first post mate.

Long time since i had terriers mate, specially bitches, from memory i think i had a bitch that came in season at 9 months once, but bitches can fluctuate anyway, first one is here nor there really, my current bitch went 14 months, 12 months,12 months, 6 months, intervals, im breeding her next time, hoping she will go back to 12 month intervals? Im thinking the 6 month interval is a sign her body is telling her to breed? But she's more than proven, and ive got a few pups ordered already ;)

Bitches build fat up round their organs on the run up to their season, and hormone changes, that's got to be the reason for them being lethargic with the working, must take a lot of energy to get their body ready for pups? Just use common sense with the exercise/working mate, shouldn't be a problem in these temperatures, be extra care

I think i'll rest her up till she's back to normal as i tend too go where there are a lot off public footpaths and i always bump into other dog walkers. cheers fellas and atb daywalker.

• 2 months later...