Hi. I've been shooting pcps for afew years so not really up to scratch with springers. I'm after tuning my hw80, I would like to do it myself as something to do to keep me out the pub and away from my mrs lolI'm not after more power just smooth it out a little bit. I've narrowed it down to a vmach kit or a Welsh willy kit. I'm just not sure about what to polish and what else can be done.

• Like 1

Check out the Weihrauch Owners' Forum and YouTube for lots of how-to stuff. The V-Mach kit works well for me.

I've also fitted a Rowan Engineering extra-setback trigger blade to improve the Rekord trigger unit -- it makes quite a difference.

You can polish the piston and inside the compression chamber with very fine steel wool, if they need it -- I haven't bothered, they were pretty smooth anyway on mine. Check that the piston with the new piston seal in place slides smoothly and slowly down into the compression chamber when you point the rifle at the ground. It shouldn't drop straight in (seal too small) or stay where it is (seal too big). If it doesn't slowly fall under its own weight, you can VERY lightly sand the circumference of the piston seal until it does.

Some people disassemble the trigger unit and polish and deburr everything. I just flushed all the factory grease out of mine with petrol, re-lubed lightly with Dry Moly Lube, and it's as smooth as silk now.

Edited by Coypu Hunter
  • Like 1

+ 1

V-Mach for me mate. Have two and they are so sound.

HW80. You don't here much about these nowadays, kinda a stablemate of the hunting fraternity.

Be nice to see one with the polish and tune jobby going on. HW mod up front and what a set up.

as above strip down de-grease polish all internals,including action cylinder,de-burr cocking slot and polish, for a smooth cocking action.

strip trigger unit,de-grease polish all points of contact.

not so much a tune,but a fettle.

if you require a professional tune send it of the Sandwell field sports :thumbs: