Lamping Fish

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First did it on the Wear near the ice rink in Durham city for salmon and sea-trout,done it abroad for sea fish,and looked at rainbow trout and pike many,many times here in the south of england :icon_redface:

Was that at the bottom of the wall where the rippers get their fish by any chance :whistling:

Hahaha,were you watching :hmm: Do they still do it nowadays?I got approx 130 fish out of the Wear one weekend,two of us working a tandem of nets,long time ago mate :icon_redface:

I can well believe it. They don't half stack up in the pot below that wall. The rippers are still at it, although there is a £1500 fine for fishing off the top of the wall :blink: EA lads don't seem too keen to front up and tackle people about it. There is a lot of fish come out of that stretch each season, a lot of them after dark :whistling:

We used to mostly net way downriver on the South Hylton to Cox Green stretch getting the fish still carrying lice,I got a net when I was 14 and used to check it early mornings on my paper round,we heard rumours on the grapevine of the bags to be made in Durham and used to catch the bus through :icon_redface: Happy times man!

Head of the bailiffs back then was a guy called Swale,they werent adverse to confrontation though,I got roughed up once when I was about 16,par for the course in those days I guess :D .

I might come back up one day,bad pennies always turn up :thumbs: Funny thing is I went trout fishing on a surrey lake a few years go,a lightbulb came on as I saw the numbers of fish,I guess you never forget your roots because I havent cast a fly since,but there are dozens of fish in the freezer at the moment :whistling:

I have used this picture here before,but its one of the few I have left from those days,typical bag of Wear fish :yes:

post-1930-1193907336.jpg

Edited by mackem

i find grilse a bit jumpy on the lamp but dam fast there 4 better sport than the fly :icon_redface: i found this out whene was water baily and had to resort 2 treble just as much sport with that kind permision 20 yards poli :gunsmilie:ce camara just had tell polis 2 set c amera on next pool up thats what i call perks of job :gunsmilie:

We used to mostly net way downriver on the South Hylton to Cox Green stretch getting the fish still carrying lice,I got a net when I was 14 and used to check it early mornings on my paper round,we heard rumours on the grapevine of the bags to be made in Durham and used to catch the bus through :icon_redface: Happy times man!

Head of the bailiffs back then was a guy called Swale,they werent adverse to confrontation though,I got roughed up once when I was about 16,par for the course in those days I guess :D .

I might come back up one day,bad pennies always turn up :thumbs: Funny thing is I went trout fishing on a surrey lake a few years go,a lightbulb came on as I saw the numbers of fish,I guess you never forget your roots because I havent cast a fly since,but there are dozens of fish in the freezer at the moment :whistling:

I have used this picture here before,but its one of the few I have left from those days,typical bag of Wear fish :yes:

my friend got poaching by a game keeper by the name of fat bruce hoo sat on his face once he got him 2 the ground and radiod for astance the rest of cruw

wanted 2 set about my mate but oncelearning he had been farting in his face knowing big bruce he was warned not 2 come back but 1 keeper nuw of power bruces arse offered my 2 nearest road as he had allready taken the valves out 3 landys so had decline incase bruce was 1 of the valve victoms had sit out 2 with same blokes and after sitting wee fat bruce i think my mate could of had heftyclaim

• 2 weeks later...

my friend got poaching by a game keeper by the name of fat bruce hoo sat on his face once he got him 2 the ground and radiod for astance the rest of cruw

wanted 2 set about my mate but oncelearning he had been farting in his face knowing big bruce he was warned not 2 come back but 1 keeper nuw of power bruces arse offered my 2 nearest road as he had allready taken the valves out 3 landys so had decline incase bruce was 1 of the valve victoms had sit out 2 with same blokes and after sitting wee fat bruce i think my mate could of had heftyclaim

WHSTS YOUR SPELLING LIKE BOY,WILL BE ROUND TO TAKE YOU FOR A RIDE NEXT WEEK ,FCUK WHOS DOG CATCHS ITS MY DOG WHO GETS THE RABBIT,

post-11397-1195338991.jpg

Guest HUTCHIE
I have been catching small to medium fish at night to feed my crayfish.

I know it is illegal. I saw it being done on 'tribe' on the bbc show in the solomon islands.

I am catching roach and minnows. I have seen larger fish out there. :whistling:

Has anyone tried it? I am sure this is totally unsportsmanly. But it is a dead easy way to catch small fish.

:laugh:

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT GIVE US A BAD NAME IT MAKES ME SICK WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT :wallbash::angry:

I know it is illegal. I saw it being done on 'tribe' on the bbc show in the solomon islands.

Has anyone tried it? I am sure this is totally unsportsmanly. But it is a dead easy way to catch small fish.

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT GIVE US A BAD NAME IT MAKES ME SICK WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT :wallbash::angry:

ur 9th post and your already running your mouth off :clapper:

I understand that it is illegal, but it is a method that people around the world use for catching fish. I wanted to discuss it! I cant see anything wrong with that.

My crayfish doesnt seem to mind anyway! :laugh:

Guest rexdigger

makem fishing off the wall at durham ice rink is banned now loads of lads i go with have been caught shame really good fish out of there :whistling: ea always there with night vision looking for nets and snatchers :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

calm down dear no one is giving you a bad name, there is a lot of prooper sick shit that goes on in the world today and this is just hunter gathers doing what they do. if you want to be a marter then get a gun and go round shooting propper sickos that have no morals and cause the degeneration of humans :gunsmilie: