ferret wont go down the hole

My polecat was like that, she would just look down the hole then back at me as if to say" if you think im going down there your off your head fella!" what i did was on the next outing i took my albino who is a great worker, and simply dropped her in with the polecat watching and she followed her lead, realised what it was about a nd turned into a cracking worker.

you have to also take into account of something facing them ie a big adult doe rat with a litter and a young inexperienced ferret will not want to go head to head with it a bit more time and a little bit of practice and you will be away.

If you're lucky enough to have a dog which marks it will take out some of the uncertainty over whether or not the ferret is not going down because there's nothing there. As for the pipes idea; try putting their food inside the pipes too (or has somebody said that one already?).

Let it work with your other ferret and give it time - it will soon get the hang of it. Whatever you do don't force it down a hole!

As for the lead suggestion - there are people on here that clearly haven't got the hang of dealing with ferrets despite being on here for a while. Maybe we should give them some lead to :doh:

Edited by Crow