Advice Wanted Chicken Carcasses How Many/often For 12 Week Pup?

Any advice on how many/often chicken carcasses to feed my 12 week Bull x Grey pup? He is about 10 kg and was 16.25 " tts last time I checked. I have found a very cheap supplier (50p for 18 carcasess) and looks like I can get plenty. Necks are still attatched and there is still some meat on them. I gave him 1/2 of one yesterday and he come looking for more, so I gave him the rest.

Ive a pup round about the same as yours. I feed them whole as one meal. Im still feeding 3/4 times a day big meals, but she dont get 4 carcass a day, I mix it up. Chicken wings, thighs,, ox heart, rabbit, minced lamb, tripe and beef, with various carbs and veg. Growing like anything she is.

• Like 1

Similar to what am feeding him Bob. I bought Beta puppy dry 15kg bag when I got him just as a mixer but tend not to give him much now. And will cut it out completely. Part what am struggling with is if I feed chicken legs, full carcass or wings then that would mean trying to get him to eat the veg/fruit with rice/pasta/whole grain bread which is a bit bland.

I must be lucky mate, mine will yam everything. Loves her greens. But for times when its not convenient I blended a shitload of apple, celery, cabbage, carrots and brocolli and formed them into patties with a cake cutter and wrapped and froze them. Its quite a fine blend, so its super concentrated - you dont need much which is easy to snap off the frozen patty, and once defrosted it coats other food stuff easy, they cant not eat it. As for the carbs, Im feeding brown, lightly buttered toast or brown rice/pasta with tinned oily fish.

I need to go and get myself a blender Bob to be honest, I got loads of veg yesterday for a fraction of the price, I will just have to cook, freeze and hopefully get this blender and puree it. Been a bit time consuming at the minute, but will soon have things sorted. Sounds like your dog is getting a decent scran mate.

Any other folk got any views on the carcass/often question?