Spun Poly

fez

Has anyone else had a problem with spun poly... I've made hundreds of hemp net but thought I'd try some poly.... I just can't stop the bloody stuff twisting.... throw a loop and it just spins round it's self like I've never seen before.

Cheers fez.

how are you loading the needle? are you hanging the spool from a spindle when loading it? if not thats probably your problem. the twist will come out of it over time with use though.

yes mate the needles loaded of a spindle....you can pull six foot of the spool then fold it in half and the two just spin round each other.

where did you get it fez? don't think i can say i have experienced that :hmm:

agouti mate... the only thing I can think of is the tension it's been put on the spool...might try pre loading some needles to let it settle.

very rare you get a spool from agouti that does this on the very rare occasion.you do get the odd one i once had the same problem with a spool but i contacted nigel (agouti) and he asked me tto send him it back and replaced it no problems

cheers mate I'll email him.