Brass Cleaning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use a James Cleaner, same 480 second cycle about 3 or 4 times, I use cold water with Ecover washing up liquid and a touch of James Sea Clean. I use cold water because it heats up through the cycle use and if you start with luke warm water it ends up hot which stains the brass.

On completing the wash cycle I then bung the load into a solution of Ecover dishwasher rinse aid to remove any contaminants and towel dry the outsides

To dry internally I leave them either on the radiator overnight when on or into the fan oven on 130 deg c for 15mins and then air cool

seems to work for me when i'm in a rush and need a quick shell spruce.

my take if your buying one so you don't have to clean primer pockets dont bother.if you don't want carbon build up in your cases and want proper clean shiny brass go for it.

i clean my primer pockets then put them in the ultrasonic,dry them then tumble.brass ends up propper clean and shiny as i like it.like i say though rinsing them and drying them out takes longer than manually cleaning primer pockets.