These any good?

im almost sold lads.......... how much would a reasonably good scope for this cost?if not supplied with the rifle.

im glad people are so helpful on these sites

ive had a laser hawk g10 airpistol springer before and after a few months the power was shockingly reduced wil this happen to th hw95k?

does it have any bad points?

Edited by wabbithunter_15

you will get a decent enough scope and rifle for £200 second hand,the power can alter with diffrent pellets but i would not think a great deal,eventually the power will slowly fade as the spring gets worn but this will take along time and it wont cost too much to replace

good luck daz

You wont need to replace the mainspring too often. I guess it depends how much shooting you do! I've had my HW95K for over 10 years, and it's just having it's spring changed now, and a tune up while its there. To be honest though, it's not been 'on song' for a couple of years.

For the first 5 or 6 years of its life, it was firing between 500 and 1000 shots a week though.

Any of the HW full power range of rifles are very good.Excellent build quality,accurate & easy to maintain.However they are a good weight fully scoped up!!My first gun was a BSA Meteor some 22yrs ago then i got my teenage hands on a HW35 which was the dogs b****x a few years later when i was strong enough to hold one on aim i got a HW80 proper rabbit stopper now i use AAs410c can,t lift heavy guns anymore being middle aged & that....... :cry:

cheers guys well as soon as i scrape up the cash i think i might have to treat my self!

Don't rule out a Webley Longbow (2nd hand Brum made); direct competition to the 95 but with a thicker stock. Also th e AA TX200, but maybe outside your price range

try to get to a gun shop before buying off internet without feeling them. they could be way too heavy for you to manage. lugging it around fields for a few hours. my neighbour has a hw97....now i wouldnt want to be carrying that about!! a few others to look at, as has been said the brummy webleys. i had a gas rammed webely xocet karbine. was a great gun, really light and small i sold that for about 150 with scope and mounts. when i bought it it was 100 without the scope etc....perhaps something else to consider if you like it..

cheers.

Guest Brownbear

I use an hw77 as a ratting and garden gun, as I prefer the underlever model. Very good, reliable bit of kit, nothing flash but does the job very well. From what I've seen of their stuff the 95's probably a good bet.

One bit of advice I'd offer is that where scopes are concerned, don't try to save with a cheapo. Better good secondhand than bad new. Try to find a Bushnell in your price range if you can, it's never too early to get used to decent optics.

Edited by Brownbear
Guest stevew71
good advice there lads i think i might go for the hw 95 just as soon as i get the money....... maybe even as a xmas pressie :)

Notice that you're in N.I so you'll need an FAC anyhow, bearing that in mind the export models of the BSA Lightning run to about 16ftlb iirc, the HW95 will probably go to the same but more smoothly ;)