Cheers for the advice and not gonna get rid not like that just needed some advice as have had a a couple quick starters and haven't had anyone to show me the right way about things just learnt things on me own and was thinking to me self the other day get him going on the rabbits and running a bit of land at Peterborough but not the biggest for the area with a lot of rabbit holes everywhere cheers for the advice everyone

• Like 1

I haven't taken him out for a week just walking him plenty been waiting for some pugged rabbits and a battery for me lamp to try him on rabbits and today I took him for a long walk on a footpath which goes around plenty of fields and a few I've tried him on I let h of the Lead for him to run about when he see a hare sitting out about 200 yards so he gets to it and straight away he's running differently getting between the hare and the hedge where the pipe and rabbit holes are then bringing it back to the middle of the land spinning it up and makeing a catch, I couldn't believe the change in him we'll chuffed :-)

He heavily saluki saturated and looks to have thrown to that side of the breeding more so than benji side, he may take a while longer to come along to full mental maturity, ie, looks like a man acts like a boy keep getting him out walking and lay off the quarry he bred for its a big ask this time of year for a young dog like sending a boy to do a mans job

Just get him out around the fields n moors let him learn himself and catch a few rabbits build some fitness and stamina , if it's meant to be the kill on chosen quarry will come but continual failure will dent his pride and put his head down maybe when the hares go back down a gear then give im few slips on em he be twicd the dog next year he just a puppy at the minute most are spoiled at this age n written off sold just keep hold n work hard be patient he will click pal

Well said articgun