hia all, i phoned my feo today as on one of my permiissons i have the oppertunity to go for my fac for fox and rabbit. i have had my sgc for over fifteen years and have used air rifles since i was 12, and i,m 43 now my feo said the he should beable to clear the land as it is a 70 acre golf course never been shot before. he said he would give me 22 lr first for the bunnys and a while after a 223 for the foxes once i have shown i,m competant, he also said though that i would not get that without a mentor so i am asking if there is anyone within driving distance to me who would be willing to take me out and show me the ropes with 22lr and 223, i am in no way asking or after trying to get other peoples permissions as i have worked hard over the years for my own , willing to pay all costs if someone could help me , i,m in gravesend kent , thanks

i have read that the mentor thing is not a legal requirement but i dont want to piss him off and i think it would be a great idea if someone would show me the ropes even though i have been shooting for over 20 years without a mishap,

Just put that point across to him and see what happens, even a reference off a landowner/s that you currently shoot would help im sure.

If i was closer i would of helped if needed but im sure someone who is closer will be willing to if they do insist a mentor is needed.

Keep us posted on how you get on :thumbs:

i am more than happy to help fella. i have .22lr, 17hmr and .243 would of course want to meet first etc.. then we can go out bashing the bunnies and foxes. I am between sittingbourne and the m20.

the whole mentor thing is BS and having lived in wiltshire, east sussex and kent i have to say kent are OTT and quite frankly make thier own rules.

drop me a pm.

Do you know anyone who owns cf who can either vouch for your competence ie a deer stalker or another person who uses cf for foxes that you have shot with, as said it was in basc at the start of the year that mentoring has been done away with but sadly they still seem to go down this route.

If you inform basc they can help but then you may be stirring the pot so to speak.

Edited by celticrusader

i dont know anyone who shoots on firearms at all, i have always been into me airrifle hunting and decoying for pigeons, dont realy want to upset me firearms officer cause i get on pretty well with him and to be truthfull i think it is a good idea if i get someone to show me the ropes , honda hunter great offer mate ,will drop you a pm , thanks

still looking even for a night out with a 22lr. i just got back from looking at a new permission. just over 70 acre golf course, never been shot on before, never seen so many squirrels and got the signature i wanted to go with my fac application, but will be busy with the air rifles for time being .