With it now looking like the Scottish MP,s not being allowed to vote on English laws do you know if this had been the case when the ban got voted in the outcome would have been different I think the new law will affect 60 scot MP,S,I think the same 60 Mp,s banned it in Scotland before the vote in England ????

The removal from MPs outside of England voting on English only law will tend to make it a more Conservative controlled parliament. (Labour largely in Scotland, Wales). Suppose that would suggest a more hunt friendly group but I cannot see the issue of the ban on hunting ever being reversed.

The vast majority of the country don't even think about it & if pushed would probably just say leave it as it is. They would probably think there is other issues that need sorting before this.

With it now looking like the Scottish MP,s not being allowed to vote on English laws do you know if this had been the case when the ban got voted in the outcome would have been different I think the new law will affect 60 scot MP,S,I think the same 60 Mp,s banned it in Scotland before the vote in England ????

The ban was not voted by mp's, Tony Blair used an ancient act of parliament that was to be used in times of emergency (warfare or civil war) in order to get his own way, it had been debated many times beforehand but never made it through parliament, without a lot of lobbying of mp's and public demonstration the law will never change, David Cameron does not have the balls to use the same act to change it back or try an open debate through parliament, WM
  • Like 1

The ban was not voted by mp's, Tony Blair used an ancient act of parliament that was to be used in times of emergency (warfare or civil war) in order to get his own way, it had been debated many times beforehand but never made it through parliament, without a lot of lobbying of mp's and public demonstration the law will never change, David Cameron does not have the balls to use the same act to change it back or try an open debate through parliament, WM

Indeed, after passing through the commons several times only to be rejected in the Lords it was forced through.

Even those against hunting must have recognise this was a huge abuse of this largely unused power. Sadly there is not enough votes in reversing it and that is all that matters to them.