Advice for showing!!

Does anyone know if it makes a difference when showing if your lurcher is castrated? it just seems that it has let our lurcher down!!

You should be booted off this site now its a HUNTING forum not a showing one :big_boss::gunsmilie:

Does anyone know if it makes a difference when showing if your lurcher is castrated? it just seems that it has let our lurcher down!!

You should be booted off this site now its a HUNTING forum not a showing one :big_boss::gunsmilie:

So what are you saying mate, you can't be a hunter and show your dog.

If that's the case I'm pretty sure there would be a lot more people booted off.

Depends on the judge but yes, usually being castrated will go against a dog.

I've only ever shown my lurcher a couple of times as a bit of fun but everytime the judge has told me had he not been castrated he would have been placed higher. He was castrated before I got him though as he came from a rescue.

Thats only what those judges said to me. One at Highclere game fair and one at a hunt terrier and Lurcher show.

As I say I only entered for a bit of fun really I don't take showing seriously and I guess opinion varies from judge to judge.

THE ONLY ADVICE I CAN GIVE ,

ITS WINTER TIME ..... FORGET ABOUT SHOWING AND GET THE DOG OUT WHERE IT BELONGS ........ IN THE FIELD :thumbs:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Foxdog perhaps you might have been better sugesting the enquirer asked the question in the correct section such as the show section