Ratting With Terriers

hi to all im a newby so hopefully im in the right place..

ive been ratting for many years now using all sorts of methods but never with dogs I do it for fun at a local fishing pond as they become a nuisance and took over the place, im lucky now to be in a position to have a few dogs "plummers if possible" to hopefully train up over the next few years and use them at weekends.

my question is apart from keeping up to date with jabs and making sure the dogs are cleaned up nicely is there anything else I should know as rats are not very clean and carry all sorts I know how to look after myself does that reflect in what I need to do with the dogs?

also do those who are reading this keep their dogs outside in kennels or is it ok to have them indoors with you please excuse my ignorance as im not sure with them being ratting dogs its best to keep them away from family. if someone could give me a few pointers that would be great.

thank you very much kind regards

When mine come back from ratting they get bathed and sleep at the bottom of the bed we had one pts Jan 2013 at 14 and she always slept at bottom of bed too.Have two Jacks at the moment and I have survived the last 15 years without catching anything. Any bites just get washed with salty water and sprayed with antiseptic wound spray we had about 200 rats 3 weeks ago.My terriers are house dogs and they make good burglar alarms nobody could get into my house at night without me knowing

• Like 1

lol,my lads just asked if he can have our runty pup as a house dog & let her sleep at the bottom of his bed.well he's 10 yr old & just starting to take an interest in the dogs so I might just as well let him. I'm Shure he wouldn't want to take one of mine tho,although there wouldn't be any crisp crumbs left in his bed. A.t.b wi your search rat catcher. Good craick ratting wi a terrier

• Like 1