My Lurcher. 14 Months Old Now...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of my bitch from over the last fortnight. She's 14 months old now, 24" tts and I am happy with her progress...        

Fitchet - Unfortunately none of the other pups made anything. One went to a lad on here who sold her when she was about 10 months old because she wasn't progressing as well as he had hoped and the oth

Updated this thread with a pic from this week...  

Posted Images

Cheers borderlad. It's a shame that proper deerhound blood is gone. Or so it seems. Deerhound x Grew is the breeding of my bitches Dam and they can be handy animals I'm sure. Bet you had some fun with them before the ban.

Thanks lookup ?

• Like 1

She looks very well gaz, I liked her when you first put up that thread. Apart from putting on the obvious muscle, she also looks like she's grown in height? Same breeding as my fly and I have had many great years with mine. Does she have the wind then?

To be honest REW I don't think she has grown in height since about 8 months old. She hit 24" early on and has stayed at that. She is next to my missus in the recent photo and she is only 5 foot tall, so the dogs always look bigger against her.

I've not had any problems with her stamina on big runs. She can stay for a good while. But she is pretty quick at them and tends not to drag things out. Obviously she isn't going to have the stamina of a saluki type. But she doesn't need it. Regards big numbers on bunnys, I just don't get them, so it's hard to say how she would fair on a big drawn out night.

She has only retrieved one shot fox, that was with my mates dog. I will let her do some retrieving on her own next season. And she has retrieved a few muntjac without a problem. I am going to shoot some roe next season to see how she goes on tracking and retrieving them. She has mainly been used for lamping rabbits and retrieving shot hares. Which she has excelled at - after a very slow start.

• Like 2

Same height as mine. A great size imo for doing bits of everything. she looks like she got some good lungs on her. What about ferreting, how she doing in that department?

What breeding is the apprentice?

Cheers pal. She is spot on at the ferreting job. Marks well, catches bolters, soft mouthed with rabbits in the net and is sound with ferrets.

The pup is wheaten/grey x collie/bull/grey.

Lol at TB25. Hopefully knock a few rosettes over this summer.