hello there. i was viewing a post the other day in which i read something about a deerhound being a good boar dog. is this true? i never would have thought that stags n those sorts would be built enough for boars n pigs. so who out there uses the deerhounds and staghounds to bring home the bacon. and how good are they? strenghts & weakenesses and what are the kennels that produce good workers in australia? just an inquiry and something to talk about. hope to get some replys from ya guys. :victory::gunsmilie::drink:

Edited by holy grail

As you know Holy-Grail Deerhounds were bred for deer some of which are alot bigger than most boar (i;e Reds) and probably as much of a hand full for any dog, some DeerH's will and some won't but i,m sure some of the guy's on here will be more in the know, :thumbs:

P.S. My DeerhoundX was 7 stone when he was fit, that's almost 1 stone heavier than my biggest Am-Bull.

i have worked a fair few deerhound and there cross's on pigs and i would rate them as highly as i would any other hunting dog in australia..they tend to take a little bit longer than a lot of the other breeds we use here but once they switch on there is no stopping them