Got The Daystate Regal

They sound like a top notch gun like villaman gonna treat me self to summit for Christmas so may be added to the list just got a big chicken farm so think it would work well on there. How much was it to get the reg fitted villa??

Now it £185 for a reg and tune have a look at this http://xtxair.com/bsa-scorpion-se--ultra-se.php

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For all of the problems, Regals are nice rifles. I had an Ultra, loved it, that went back to BSA and was replaced, power fluctuations. Since sold. What the point is, and most folk miss it, is that th

I know what you're saying Rez, honest I do, but use the two side by side and there's only one winner. There are lots of guns better than the Regal too, not just the HW. AA S410/ 510, BSA R-10, BSA Ul

Ha. This is f'kin bullshit v'man. For all the bad stories, as I say, there are owners that are completely happy with there own R10's and regals. Those who voice posts are generally complaining that th

Posted Images

Chris a would say a lot of the time you crack a rabbit in the head makes a good crack when it hits the skull don't think the rabbit next to it gonna wait around long well not what I've seen anyway unless you miss then you have a chance they will stick around. And Not that add say the daysate is that loud like just not as quiet as the hw100

You not wrong there john no rifle should be faulty when paying top dollar and if mine ever was add ask for my money back think there mite be a lot of quality control issues these days. What is your regal like john have you had any problems yet what you think of the regal?

Apart from going back for the stiff bolt, then the magazine indexing, nothing else. The shroud rattled but I tightened the two screws and solved it myself. Its still on trial though, anything else and its binned.

Shoots well out to sixty yards for me, takes rabbits (.177) at fifty. Put a Hawke 3.9x50 on yesterday and it is shooting better. Managed an egg at sixty off a fencepost, thats my eyesight though lol!

Good to shoulder, its well balanced and a nice weight. Sounds like a washing machine when fired, though I think Villaman is right that its the tungsten / new hammer affair. The Swift mod suits it as well, with the new scope, and if it behaves, might be a keeper.

Funny but out of all my rifles I like my S410 best, nice carbine with a Poplar stock, light as a feather and gives over eighty shots in .22.

The Regal, well, lets see. I will give it a few more months. I will be honest though, I had a chance of a AA Ultimate Sporter, it was a hundred pounds more so that tipped it for me. Now though, wished I had found the extra hundred!

• Like 1

A wish the rabbits were as daft as that were we go villaman after a crack on the head and a few flips to still have rabbits still there waiting to be shot the must have a death wish lol

What usually happens is that the rabbits in the near vicinity go on alert and either do that tense up thing and look for the danger or run a couple of yards and stop then do the tense up and look around. That's with a quiet PCP.

When you shoot a rabbit with a loud PCP it's mates are aware of where the noise came from and generally bolt to safety.

This is just what I've found over about 35 years of shooting with air rifles . If the Regal works for you Carlo then I'm really, genuinely pleased for you. It is probably the most beautiful air rifle on the market.

Chris

• Like 1

Had a few good guns Chris only just got this so just been running slugs though it with targets so not even had it out really yet not had the time. so only time will tell like it up to now a can honestly not fault the one av got if it was crap a would be the fest to say cause add want me money back lol. And I a no what you mean when they tense up and go low to the ground tryin to hide used to do that on one of the golf course a went on but found out it was more the baby's did that more plus the was a lot of pet rabbits on there what people had let go you were for ever shooting different coloured ones al post some pics when a take it out shooting see what a get and tell you all what a think of it when out on a shoot

'Distinctly average'? It's a quality set up a regal. Whatever people say about Daystate being wank. It's only the bad stories you get on here. For every there 'shit' story, there's a Daystate and huntsman/regal owner larfffin that there DS is performing, or they are as the case maybe.

Everyone's got 100's. Two a penny, it's a good thing, don't get me wrong, . Does that make you a distinctly average shooter? ;) jokes.

Bad stories are not just on this forum!! ,I had one and its the worst PCP I have ever had and seamaster has had a few as well .

To say " but any pcp over the 650 mark will only be let down by the shooter " I don't think so ,look at the BSA r10 nothing but problems and the regal.

I take it that you don't like the HW100 then Rez :laugh:

Ha. This is f'kin bullshit v'man. For all the bad stories, as I say, there are owners that are completely happy with there own R10's and regals. Those who voice posts are generally complaining that there rifle is under performing, all brands and models sometimes don't live up to scratch, it's like cars, mass produced technical products.

I have seen your posts moaning about the DS service, performance etc, but if your set ups ran smoothly you wouldn't pipe up. Any 650 quid rifle, 'performing well', which is what I ment, will only be let down by its shooter.

I like 100's, but for god sake, the best set ups are the ones that surprise. I'm not one to follow the bloody crowd... Although I do have a tuned 97 yes ;) this, as you would agree is perhaps an exception.

Just a bit bored of the 100 posts. We've all had our cocks out over 100's. There great, but so is every other higher side of 500 beans... When performing well.

Love x

Edited by Rez
  • Like 2

I know what you're saying Rez, honest I do, but use the two side by side and there's only one winner.

There are lots of guns better than the Regal too, not just the HW. AA S410/ 510, BSA R-10, BSA Ultra, BSA Scorpion, even some of the Brococks, and all cheaper too.

Daystate take the piss mate, their marketing is spot on which is why they can charge top quid but as far as performance is concerned their mechanical rifles are lagging behind.

Their 'Harper patent hammer' is just a weaker version of what Theoben used years ago. The electric rifles are very good in my experience but that's a different argument.

Chris

• Like 2

It's a fair point made. To be honest I haven't had a lot of experience with DS. I'm actually only interested in the Mk4 IS and may get one, bit to expensive though. However, old skool huntsman's that I have spent time with have been as good as any PCP I've shot.

My original point, and it didn't mean to stir, was that a regal is a top rifle, it looks great yes, and there are those that have regals that shoot well, they work as asked, and that any rifle, around the half a grand mark should be well capable of sticking its rounds up the arse of each other at 40+ yards and I personally know a regal and any DS, BSA etc PCP is well capable of that at the higher end. My own SE can do it and I wouldn't actually class it in the same league as the regal, 100, R10 models.

I had a MK4is and it was one of the best guns I ever had. I took hundreds of rabbits with that gun and I'd say, if you're thinking of getting one, get it. If it's anything like the one I had it'll be worth the money.

I got a bit radgy when it got close to service time but quite a few RFD's service them quite cheaply now, about £70 to £80 I believe.

Chris