I have decided to join having browsed this forum for the technical information on a few occasions as a guest and found it very helpful. I have shooting rights to a large farm permission in Somerset courtesy of a work colleague. It is overpopulated with rabbits and has a feral pigeon problem around the barns and cow sheds. I use an old Weihrauch HW77k with an Original Model 10 telescopic sight which came with the rifle. I have only ever shot with spring powered air rifles. I started at age 14 in 1974 with an ASI Sniper .22 with the warning from dad that if ever it was abused I'd be wearing it! I was allowed to shoot rats on 3 farms and a local bakery site with them paying for the pellets! I then swapped the Sniper for a Gamo 68 aka ASI Paratrooper single shot. This accounted for hundreds of rats over 2 years. It recently turned up again in my brothers shed having been long forgotten by me since 1977. I also used a borrowed Webley Hawk Mk.2 which "lived" with me as my friends parents didn't know he had it! Later a Webley Mk. 3 underlever came and went somewhere. Then a long break from shooting until late 2013 when I was offered the shooting rights mentioned above. I'm slowly learning about the light years of progress that have been made with air guns in the intervening years. I haven't tried a PCP yet but can still put pellets within an inch at 25 paces with a spring rifle so it's not that important. A big hello to all on here and a thank you for the technical information I have picked up which has been helpful in setting up the rifle and re-learning my (rusty) stalking skills. Driver C.

Edited by Driver C