Subaru Forrestors

Anybody had much to do with these ? I am in the process of starting to look for a new motor , Up to now ive stayed with vauxhalls/fords pretty exclusively but i really like the look of these motors . I like the impreza's as well but they havnt got the boot space i require . Any feedback good or bad appreciated . Are they very pricey on parts how reliable are they ?

Thanks in advance .

Last year we borrowed a friends brand new 2.5 Forrester, wow. It was a great drive and super fast but out of my price range and if I could afford one I wouldn't dare take it off road......

Wont be to long before they are within the price range to show them a bit of mud n guts....and i cant wait to have a night out in one...they look the bollocks for the job!

Edited by Blaze
I just sold my Legacy and brought a Forrester, i got a 2.0 Turbo, 2002 52 plate for £2300.

Love it loads of room with the seats down and very quick.....

Go for it

thats good going !! if you see anymore that price give us a shout !!

I just sold my Legacy and brought a Forrester, i got a 2.0 Turbo, 2002 52 plate for £2300.

Go for it

Where abouts in the country are you mate? I know a chap that deals in part exchanges - very very reasonable

My dad had a forrester for 17 years, 2.0 turbo, on gas, 310 000km when my brother blow up the turbo :doh: . very good cars IMO.

i think your on about a different motor mate ?, the "subaru forrester" only came out in 1997 on the R reg. :)

Go for it

Will do mate, but it helps if your a sales manager of a BMW garage :whistling:

My dad had a forrester for 17 years, 2.0 turbo, on gas, 310 000km when my brother blow up the turbo :doh: . very good cars IMO.

i think your on about a different motor mate ?, the "subaru forrester" only came out in 1997 on the R reg. :)

You are right mate, it was the All Wheel Drive that misleaded me. thought it was a forrester :icon_redface:

I've a 2002 forresterS It has a little over 100,000 miles on it just now, and I had all the fluids and belts and all that done at the dealership. The car runs great. No squeeks, no rattles solid little car all the way around. That being said its mostly all highway miles, but I'm certainly not afraid to take offroad, granted its not a jeep rubicon, but it does a good job, just replaced the tires and went from yokohama to michelin harmony's and picked up a couple more miles off a tank of gas. My forrester is also a demon in the snow, she loves it. Just had a tarp made to fit over the back seat with grommets in line with the head rests to keep it secure. keeps the car nice and neat come monday morning, and I dont have to baby it when its time to stuff it full of wet terriers and muddy boots. Huge moonroof great for lamping as well. :toast: