Strange Animal

Are those for real Gin?

YES 100% Genuine. I had not known of them before in Northern Ireland till Paul heard about the one caught up this way. Sent me some photos to prove it.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one caught up this way, put up a good fight, but their small Border Terrier managed it.

I will speak to Paul tonight and get more info on the ones over there.

Edited by Gin

Its a Prairie dog, i was called to a wildlife park here in suffolk to deal with the little sods, massive digger and real nasty feckers to other animals . they dug out of their compounds. you should see the fuss the environment aggency makes when they escape, massive fines and legal action against granting lisence for future animals

Edited by mole catcher

Jasper... yes it was a special kind of trap, if i remember rightly it was a trap made by that lesser know trap company called Brno, it was there trap model no.22 :gunsmilie::thumbs:

had a few in the mink traps as well. as for being hardy as simoman said, they are used to a harsh winter so our mild winters will be a doddle to them. I wouldnt want to put a ferret against them mind, nasty little feckers when caged let alone in a tunnel.

The wildlife park i was called to is owned by banham zoo and seeing as your from my neck of the woods Jasper im sure you can guess which one im talking about :thumbs:

Nice one Simoman :thumbs:.

Whats the general opinion. Would it really be a bad thing from a "Sporting point of view" if they Thrived in this country? I know it means another Foreign species on our shores but then so was the Rabbit/Grey Squirrel and a good few other species we Hunt....

Jasper... yes it was a special kind of trap, if i remember rightly it was a trap made by that lesser know trap company called Brno, it was there trap model no.22 :gunsmilie::thumbs:

had a few in the mink traps as well. as for being hardy as simoman said, they are used to a harsh winter so our mild winters will be a doddle to them. I wouldnt want to put a ferret against them mind, nasty little feckers when caged let alone in a tunnel.

The wildlife park i was called to is owned by banham zoo and seeing as your from my neck of the woods Jasper im sure you can guess which one im talking about :thumbs:

I have a rough Idea MC! was it a place of Prehistoric Interest? they look to have a fair set of Maulers on them, I wouldn't fancy a Hawk latching onto one after seeing the damage a squirrel did to a Harris's Foot...

Cheers

Jasper

Nice one Simoman :thumbs:.

Whats the general opinion. Would it really be a bad thing from a "Sporting point of view" if they Thrived in this country? I know it means another Foreign species on our shores but then so was the Rabbit/Grey Squirrel and a good few other species we Hunt....

Be something "different" :D

Guest Magwitch
Photos taken by my mate Paul in Northern Ireland a few hours ago, a mile and a half from his house.

Prairie Dog

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

LOOK LIKE FAKE PICTURES TO ME :nono: THIS ONE WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF ME GARDEN ROLLING A JOINT

groundhogdayxh3.jpg

Edited by Magwitch
Photos taken by my mate Paul in Northern Ireland a few hours ago, a mile and a half from his house.

Prairie Dog

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

LOOK LIKE FAKE PICTURES TO ME :nono: THIS ONE WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF ME GARDEN ROLLING A JOINT

groundhogdayxh3.jpg

Magwitch,- anyone in Northern Ireland can go and see them,- the roundabout 1/4 mile from Oxford Island. The lad was on tv who released them,- there was only two to start with but lots of the buggers now. Even give you the lads number who took the photo.

GENUINE,- :wallbash: