Went out for an hour and a half last night with BPR, just local as he's away with work to cover these fire strikes, wasn't long till we had a pigeon in the bag, chest shot, followed in quick succession by another. Next was onto a bit that holds a rake of rabbits of which 2 where dealt with via head shots, next was a pigeon which he winged but was quickly dispatched we then headed back and came across a lone rabbit which fell final victim with a chest shot.

We did see a lot of very young but didn't deem nessessary to cull them.

20140618_220750_zps1599b210.jpg

BPR with his culls......... Weirdo.

20140618_220804_zpsb4ea9a8a.jpg

• Like 2

Better than the air rifle lads on here :-/

Nowt wrong with an air rifle!! :laugh: although at least I'm not naive to think that plinking a rabbit or two is the savour of a farmers livelihood :laugh:

• Like 1

Nowt wrong with an air rifle!! :laugh: although at least I'm not naive to think that plinking a rabbit or two is the savour of a farmers livelihood :laugh:
I've got one as well mate :-/..... Harder to stick an air rifle in the pocket tho. FairPlay to lee, he does love a catty!
  • Like 1

I've got one as well mate :-/..... Harder to stick an air rifle in the pocket tho. FairPlay to lee, he does love a catty!

Aye he does, I'll let him tell you about my 'stealth' retrieval of a rabbit..... :laugh:

Heard all about your "retrieval" Ross!! Don't think you'll be winning any gun dog trials just yet mate...... A bit more recall needed maybe ;-)

Aye well maybe 10 year ago. Could lowp fences without touching them lol