Which 2Nd Hand Gun To Buy Under £500

Ok so im looking to buy a 2nd hand pcp hopefully with a scope if not just gun and i have a maximum of £500, what would you recommend to buy? Also had a go with my mates springer and hes got hawke scope nite-eye 3 9 40 but when you zoom in it seems to go very blurry so it means you cant zoom in much so the target is very small? Why is this? And what scope would you recommend?

Until you have had a chance to shoulder and fire a range of air rifles, giving you a recommendation right now would not be a great deal of help.

What works for me may not suit you. Probably the best you could do right now would be to join/visit a local HFt/Ft air rifle club and have a good chat with the guys there.

Find out what they use and for what purpose.

Get to fire a few of the rifles to see which fit your build and eye position. Also useful for finding out about scopes as well.

It doesn't matter if 50 people recommend an Air Ranger or an Air Arms, only for you to find out that it doesn't fit you or is unbalanced or the wrong calibre.

Good luck with your search, the more time you spend investigating, the better the chance of you buying a rifle you can live with.

Personally, assuming this is your first air rifle..... Get a springer. You can get decent gas ram rifles now, so recoil isn't too much to worry about and not having to worry how long you've cocked it for.

you'll have to consider a divers tank on top of the PCP rifle too, extra cost and more to carry with you.

White