Help appreciated. Got 5 pair of canaries paired up, all made lovely tidy little nests, brilliant I thought not long till eggs start coming, but one by one each pair has destroyed the nests and just started sh..ING in the nest pans and not bothering any more. What's up is it me or the birds? Ha ha

Have you got mice or cats on the flights roofs at night and mite can cause them to do this as well,does sound to me(i'm no expert mate,just a keen bird keeper and poster)it might be something disturbing the birds as all of them are doing it rather than just one.This cold wet spell were having won't help but worth checking for what i've said as there the first things i'd be doing myself mate.

• Like 1

are you using nest felts,check under them for mites,also do the end of tail feathers look short/ nibbled it sounds daft but mice do have a go at the tail feather when roosting if they are through the bars,atb.

not sure about the mice,only what a mate told me,he had a mouse prob and it spoilt his nesting with night fright,upsetting the birds,and he said the tails looked liked they had feather mite or were chewed but they went like that over night,and some were chewed some not,got shut of the mice rodent proof bird hut no bad tail feathers since, do the hens look fluffed out of condition atb.

:laugh:millet I know what your saying ,I just read it again and confused myself,christ, I could tell the tail how it was told to me,but cant write it down, sorry I aint very literate,thats why some spelling is crap also :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1