Air Arms Twang

hi SS25

as mentioned above a good de-grease and polish & de-burr & tight fitted guide and top hat,will sort out your twang!

i will agree with Vizlauk,a friend of mine bought one for his AATX, and we also binned them,they were loose fitted and did not remove the twang!

however i have learnt now,that you can send you spring to Tinbum,and he will fit the guide & top hat to your spring,these are custom parts made to a manufactures spec i believe?

and as we all know springs at AA are mass produced/supplied,so as i see it what you are buying is mass produced guide & top hat which will also twang,unless its bespoke?

but let us know how you get on,as according to Tinbum the only complaint he has had was from the one i fitted :hmm: from 100's :icon_eek:

just to make it clear i did not purchase it,i only fitted it for a friend :thumbs:

Hi Davy, thanks for the advice. Both rifles are stripped and ready for a relubing but first some polishing is required. Tinbum messages me this morning asking what modal Tx I had mk 1 2 3 etc and the year it was made. Hopefully his kit will do what it says on the tin but for £20 I am not expecting a lot. Will keep you posted guys.

• Like 1

Hi Davy, thanks for the advice. Both rifles are stripped and ready for a relubing but first some polishing is required. Tinbum messages me this morning asking what modal Tx I had mk 1 2 3 etc and the year it was made. Hopefully his kit will do what it says on the tin but for £20 I am not expecting a lot. Will keep you posted guys.

you can also de-burr spring ends & polish spring ends :thumbs: