Lost :(

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't believe you tried smoking a ferret out? Countless times I've dug down to a ferret that's trapped behind a rabbit it's killed and can't get past, not being funny mate I always use locators but do

Its simple buy a locator, or use your head man get a T-bar follow tunnels dig down every couple of feet open it up have a shine with a torch put a stick up guess how far it's going put the t bar through again open it up and repeat until you find it fs your ferreting without a locator and you've no clue of how to get your ferret back without one have you tried another ferret to see if it will knock it off the kill if its not trapped? f***ing smoking a ferret mate come out with shit like that your leaving yourself open to dogs abuse and rightly so. I don't care if you live in a dung pile in Africa mate if you have the internet then your perfectly within your capabilities to order a ferret locator. The bedding a gone could be rabbits in the hole digging at it or anything.

Edited by grant_c

Its simple buy a locator, or use your head man get a T-bar follow tunnels dig down every couple of feet open it up have a shine with a torch put a stick up guess how far it's going put the t bar through again open it up and repeat until you find it fs your ferreting without a locator and you've no clue of how to get your ferret back without one have you tried another ferret to see if it will knock it off the kill if its not trapped? f*****g smoking a ferret mate come out with shit like that your leaving yourself open to dogs abuse and rightly so. I don't care if you live in a dung pile in Africa mate if you have the internet then your perfectly within your capabilities to order a ferret locator. The bedding a gone could be rabbits in the hole digging at it or anything.

Right big fella. Not everyone's a rich little c**t like you and gets everything handed to them. Constructive critiscim only. Or get the f**k off. I don't think a rabbit would tow the fuckinh blanket down the hole. I'm sorry for all the language. But dont f**k me around.

A rich little c**t that's had everything handed to him? Without even knowing me just a name on a website?, what a muppet you are I've worked for everything I've got I just spend money on important things first LIKE A LOCATOR and as a youngster I red books and learned the game by good guys who wouldn't have been to happy to say the least if I'd told them if tried to smoke a f****n ferret out. That is constructive learn the game from somebody with more common sense than a f****n tadpole and you'll get on better I've just told you a couple of ways to try get your ferret back but you know best next thing you'll be trying is dynamite ya half wit. Don't f**k you around? Lol crettin.

Its simple buy a locator, or use your head man get a T-bar follow tunnels dig down every couple of feet open it up have a shine with a torch put a stick up guess how far it's going put the t bar through again open it up and repeat until you find it fs your ferreting without a locator and you've no clue of how to get your ferret back without one have you tried another ferret to see if it will knock it off the kill if its not trapped? f*****g smoking a ferret mate come out with shit like that your leaving yourself open to dogs abuse and rightly so. I don't care if you live in a dung pile in Africa mate if you have the internet then your perfectly within your capabilities to order a ferret locator. The bedding a gone could be rabbits in the hole digging at it or anything.

Right big fella. Not everyone's a rich little c**t like you and gets everything handed to them. Constructive critiscim only. Or get the f**k off. I don't think a rabbit would tow the fuckinh blanket down the hole. I'm sorry for all the language. But dont f**k me around.

You could f**k off to an aussie ferreting forum, learn your trade there, as it seems we do it different here. Im not rich, but I own a locator and 4 collars, one for each ferret that goes to ground. Simple.

You could f**k off to an aussie ferreting forum, learn your trade there, as it seems we do it different here. Im not rich, but I own a locator and 4 collars, one for each ferret that goes to ground. Simple.

So much for a great forum with nice people as I was told. As I said before. It's hard to get locators over here, you can find them on the Internet I know, but all the prices are in pounds. And I don't really feel safe putting my credit card on the net, and buy something from another country. Yes I've learnt the trade from many diffrent men over the years, whenever a ferret went down and nailed a bunny, it would be out with the matches and start smoking him out. Never the use of a ferret finder or collar. I personally think that the collar takes away the fun of ferreting, ferreting is a waiting game, and with ya little locator you can just jump on it whenever something doesn't go your way, yes it has it's advantages, but it does always have a few disadvantages, what if you lose your collar? As I've read posts on this happening quite often, or what if the collar snags up with something down a hole?? Now everyone's entitled to there own opinion, but that's mine. Sorry for pissing everyone off. But come over here to australia and see how it's done, and see how many people use a locator.

So much for a great forum with nice people as I was told. As I said before. It's hard to get locators over here, you can find them on the Internet I know, but all the prices are in pounds. And I don't really feel safe putting my credit card on the net, and buy something from another country. Yes I've learnt the trade from many diffrent men over the years, whenever a ferret went down and nailed a bunny, it would be out with the matches and start smoking him out. Never the use of a ferret finder or collar. I personally think that the collar takes away the fun of ferreting, ferreting is a waiting game, and with ya little locator you can just jump on it whenever something doesn't go your way, yes it has it's advantages, but it does always have a few disadvantages, what if you lose your collar? As I've read posts on this happening quite often, or what if the collar snags up with something down a hole?? Now everyone's entitled to there own opinion, but that's mine. Sorry for pissing everyone off. But come over here to australia and see how it's done, and see how many people use a locator.

See how it's done lol? Aye we get our ferret at the end of the day and go home the way we do it. You set a fire down a hole that your ferrets in lol a wonder what way makes sense? Don't give us petty excuses either for not buying a locator and the people who "learned you the game" out with the matches obviously need to go back to the books. This is a nice forum but f****n hell mate you must be a sandwich short of a picnic if you think you can come on here and tell us you tried to smoke out a ferret and not be open for a total slating and rightly so you must be half daft if you can't see how rediculous that sounds to us? What if I lost the collar? It's happened the collars came off a ferret, or the collar batteries have stopped working I've dug down and got the collar when it's stayed in the same place then I've waited and my ferrets came out or I've used anther ferret with a collar to find my ferret, if it didn't work I would try a big hob to knock it off the kill or start with the t bar why? Because the people that showed me the ropes didn't set fires down holes. If our ways so wrong why are you on here asking for advice? Guys have told you several ways to try get your ferret back so go out and try it get the shovel, set a trap, get the t bar out, use another ferret, instead of making yourself look sillier and sillier to us get out and get the job done.

See how it's done lol? Aye we get our ferret at the end of the day and go home the way we do it. You set a fire down a hole that your ferrets in lol a wonder what way makes sense? Don't give us petty excuses either for not buying a locator and the people who "learned you the game" out with the matches obviously need to go back to the books. This is a nice forum but f****n hell mate you must be a sandwich short of a picnic if you think you can come on here and tell us you tried to smoke out a ferret and not be open for a total slating and rightly so you must be half daft if you can't see how rediculous that sounds to us? What if I lost the collar? It's happened the collars came off a ferret, or the collar batteries have stopped working I've dug down and got the collar when it's stayed in the same place then I've waited and my ferrets came out or I've used anther ferret with a collar to find my ferret, if it didn't work I would try a big hob to knock it off the kill or start with the t bar why? Because the people that showed me the ropes didn't set fires down holes. If our ways so wrong why are you on here asking for advice? Guys have told you several ways to try get your ferret back so go out and try it get the shovel, set a trap, get the t bar out, use another ferret, instead of making yourself look sillier and sillier to us get out and get the job done.

You don't set a fire down the friggin hole. You don't want fire. You want smoke. You don't even need a fire. You just light it and it doesn't matter if it goes out because your making smoke. What the f**k do you think I've been doing the past 3 days??? Sitting on my ass and paying someone to sit out and dig?? I'm asking for advice because from some of the people I've been chatting to, seem half decent. And can hand out some good advice. I'm 99% sure I'm not the only one that's lost a ferret down the hole without it having the locator on am I? Your so tough matey, you've got a "locator". f**k off over here and come chase some pigs with a couple of ya lurches and see how they fair.

Mate I don't need a dick extension showing off what I have but your the muppet on here telling us you smoked a ferret out if I asked my 6 year old son what he thought about that he would know it was f****n rediculous, I've lost a ferret down a hole way no collar and I found it but I didn't use smoke lol. So have you tried another ferret yet? What happened? Have you tried a cage trap? If its stuck behind a dead rabbit and you smoked it it could be dead, f****n mental if ye ask me.

There was a blanket dragged down the whole, so I doubt he's stuck. Yeah mate. And if I asked my 14 year old son watt he thought of locators. He'd tell ya. I'm not to keen on putting another ferret down in case I lose it as well, but thanks for ya input. And sorry.

Your ferret sounds as if it's just acting the bollocks now and not stuck at all, would I be right in saying it's a young one, cause mine used to play up till they clicked their out to work and not mess about, had to dig one of mine without a locater or spade, fookin balls so it was, best part of 5 hours but I wasnt going home without my ferret, got stuck in stop end behind the rabbit, now I have locator personally wouldn't go without it, here's another thing to try, if you have a gutted rabbit put it in a purse net at the hole pegged, make sure it's well and truly tangled so the ferret doesnt pull it back down the hole and wait, could be there a while so be patient, once it clamps on just lift it out, try some sardines and blow the smell of it down the where the rabbit is staked, not getting on to you, don't use smoke, could end up suffocating it, good luck getting it back.

Your ferret sounds as if it's just acting the bollocks now and not stuck at all, would I be right in saying it's a young one, cause mine used to play up till they clicked their out to work and not mess about, had to dig one of mine without a locater or spade, fookin balls so it was, best part of 5 hours but I wasnt going home without my ferret, got stuck in stop end behind the rabbit, now I have locator personally wouldn't go without it, here's another thing to try, if you have a gutted rabbit put it in a purse net at the hole pegged, make sure it's well and truly tangled so the ferret doesnt pull it back down the hole and wait, could be there a while so be patient, once it clamps on just lift it out, try some sardines and blow the smell of it down the where the rabbit is staked, not getting on to you, don't use smoke, could end up suffocating it, good luck getting it back.

Thanks mate, he's about 18 months old, and never done anything like this before. I've been told to use smoke by many people that I've been out with, but I guess there wrong. Thanks for ya help mate :)