ratting with Mk4 Fenns

A little job i was called to today was a matter of rats around and under a compost heap.

I like to use the fenns as i find them compact and more than up to the job requiered.

The first pic shows a homemade tunnel covering the fenn as is requiered by law, its hard up against the bin as there is a well worn path showing good recent foot prints

mk4s001.jpg

this next pic shows again a tunnel and trap in place in a doorway to a wood shed. This door has been ajar for years judging by the well worn pathway the rats have made going into the wood shed. choosing not to disturb the rats to much i simply placed the tunnel and trap over the pathway and pulled the door hard agains the tunnel. i then placed a few broken bricks on the tunnel to form a wall so any rat going in or out will use the tunnel.

mk4s002.jpg

sadly this is where the batts on my camera died so i can only explain the rest for you.

In a lean to shed on the side of the wood shed there is a wooden pallet piled high with folded grain and animal feed sacks, this is where i believe the underground workings of the rats to be. i placed a trap and tunnel on the 3 pathways leading out from this pallet and used bricks to form a wall tight up agains the pallet edge, leaving only the tunnels as a way in or out from under these sacks.

All i have to do now is wait and see what happens over the next few days 8)

Edited by mole catcher

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Bloody shame about the batteries, mate. I don't know why, but I could look at other peoples sets all day! :laugh: I put a tunnel down myself and there it is. But if someone else does it? It fasinates me!

Bloody shame about the batteries, mate. I don't know why, but I could look at other peoples sets all day! :laugh: I put a tunnel down myself and there it is. But if someone else does it? It fasinates me!

DITCHY,,

in the first pic there is the drain cover leaning against the short wall, come tomorow there will be a mk4 sitting in there as well as a few other places around that compost heap. On the joist in side the wood store there is that lovely greasy mark along it where rats have been travelling, so tomorow i will take a few nails and another mk4 and place it on the joist. I know it will be safe from causing harm up there as ive spent time to check if there is any evedence of owl pellets or birds droppings inside this wood shed, if there was i wouldnt set a fenn in this manner :thumbs:

Edited by mole catcher