Anyone Lost A Dog Bushing?

neems

Ive lost terriers bushing about,some permanently,alas its part and parcel of the nature of the game.No matter how careful and dilligent you may be,any dog entering the field of work will at times not go home with you,accept that fact or don,t work em.

Lost my terrier on paddys day this year, she tracked a deer on to a road and was run down. Gutted.

Guest foxpack

i lost a teckel once for 3 days,lost his bearing while on an open fell,farmer found him sleeping nxt to a dead sheep that had been there months ,was eating the f****r to,,lol...lost a beagle bitch close to home ,searched for hours for her ,went home ,she was tucked up in her kennel,,lol,,before mobile phones got a grip of the world.my mrs said shes been back hours,

Put a fox up on a horrible patch of land in mansfield (the desert it's called) eventually all the dogs came back except my terrier hung about for the rest of the day no sign of him by the time it was dark. Went back the next morning and he was were we'd parked the car the day before.

• Like 1

Had a dog that was too slow but obsessed with hares, got her at the age of 11. Didn't know what to do to be honest, but every time you were out and one got up it was good bye to her for an hour or more.

You'd just see her running along the horizon.. yip.. yip... the hares would just bound away like Pepe la Pew, turning for a look every now and again when they got a lead.

Got stolen one winter, put the word out and someone rang up, she was 15 miles away trying to cross a canal heading in the right direction. Like a boomerang that dog.