Jack Russell X Patterdale

Well mate, if you know the fella breeding them and you know they work and can find and stay well, and if you like their style of working why go for anything else ? You'll have a better chance of getting yourself a worker off dogs you know are proven,

It's just my thoughts on things for what it's worth. and in the end unless you specifically like the look of a certain type, does it really matter what they look like if they do what you want of them.

Some of my best workers have been Russell crosses tho

All the best

• Like 1

I have two. Bought 2 litter sisters in 2011. One was culled at 18 months the other is a good little baying dog.

They were of unknown breeding, and I don't know what the rest of the litter are like.

I also have a dog pup of the same breeding imported from Hungary. I know his parentage in detail, so I am expecting big things from him.

I think it is more a matter of the immediate parentage/line of the litter than them being of any particular breed.

Brilliant advice! I really like the site and have been out with him a fair few times, maybe a bit hard for his own good some times! He's also quite a large dog so the though of being able to bring a pup on from the standard of him just a bit smaller sounds inviting! The point you made about knowing both dogs was spot on and I think ill probably have one

I don't do a lot with the terriers any more but mine (Sire Patt, Dam Russell) has done

everything I've asked of her so far and one six hour stint to ground that I didn't ask for LOL

Cheers, D.

post-10409-0-64071500-1397818878_thumb.jpg

• Like 3