Eating Alfresco

Cooking as I type. Trout, spuds and corn on the cob for tea!

great minds and all that ........................ the daughter and I have just got back in from lighting ours and setting the tent up We're are having salmon spuds and salad.

Salmon was better value at the super market :icon_eek: .

I'll a few pics up in a mo ...............................I missed a trick and should of said I caught it :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If your having a BBQ make sure you use local made stuff. Burns hotter, lights easier and helps keep a roof over my head (not that I'm ever in the house if I can help it).

I'm not to sure on which section to post this in but I thought I'd share this afternoons experiment with you all.   We've had the old wood burner lying about all winter and with this dry spell I'v

This is my fire pit at the end of the garden, that's a leg of venison on the spit from some time last summer. We cook out there every weekend if the weathers dry. Cooked a joint of pork yesterday, not

Posted Images

Good stuff! Looks like it would work as a hot smoker too? I need to knock up a bigger smoker. Best one I had was in a cottage when I lived in the Cotswolds. It was the old stone 'long drop' puts some bars across for hanging bacon, hams and fish. Made some shelves for sausages, was a perfect cold smoker. Got a couple of 45 gallon drums to make one, they work but not as nice to look at.

yeah I did a bit of experimenting with a few sausages and was impressed so thought I'd try something bigger .

I might try some pork next just pop the lid on and hope for the best :D . My mouth is watering thinking about the bacon

20140418_190828_zps0559fcf8.jpg

• Like 1

Hot smoking is more about adding flavour as you cook so you can put the meat straight in. If you want to do ham or bacon your looking at cold smoking so need to cure the meat first. There's loads of good info online I got a good book years ago with cures and ideas, I'll dig it out and find the title for you.

I'll be getting a few more pigs in this summer and have always liked the idea of home cured bacon but never get around to it . I will do it this year

Can you cure meat that has been Frozen ?