A Quick Half Hour

Well, working at the weekend isn't my cup of tea as a general rule especially since I could have been at the AAOC with Timmytree and Davyt and been having a ball, but to make the best of the situation I thought, time for some pest control at work to alleviate the boredom. Break out the TX 200

Around half 6 as the clouds were coming in I headed for my first area under the large canopy. As i popped my head around the corner to have a quick peek I spotted a Feral roosting on one of the beams. even better the bugger was right in line with the Purling behind so I didn't have to move, BONUS!!!! Gave the laser a quick squeeze and was smack bang on the cross-hair. 16m that will do nicely. 1/4 mill dot hold under, standing supported and squeezed the trigger. Bingo goodnight Vienna. Dropped it with a head shot. :toast: Well dropped being loosely used as the damn thing didn't drop, it died where I hit it. No flapping of wings, no twitching just dead on the beam. Mr Accupel done it's job.

Since nothing else could be seen or heard time to go to canopy number 2 which is lower but a great deal longer. on the way I spotted a couple of woodies within the boundary and using some rather large objects as cover I managed to get reasonably close, I cocked the rifle, loaded the pellet and poked my head slowly round the corner only to see the bloody things fly off. Damn. Point rifle in safe direction and fire pellet into muddy ground.

I finally get to the 2nd canopy to find another Feral roosting in the corner, unusual as they don't usually roost or nest there due to an owl and some red kites in the area. I managed to sneak in behind some large bags (the 1 tonne type you have sand delivered in) again cocked, loaded and lined up. this time it was closer only about 12m or so as the laser was higher than the cross-hairs this time but 1 mil dot hold over put paid to him. Exactly like the first Feral it just slumped where it was.

As I was using accupel for the first time hunting wise, this was totally new to me as the RWS super H killed them but 9 time out of 10 knocked them clean off the beam as well which makes them easier to retrieve. Still that's not really a problem as I can send my Biatch on the flying carpet to get them lol.

A good way to round off a days work, Stress relief 'you'd better believe it'

• Like 1

Good shooting!

Wish you could have made it to the meet, what a laugh we had!!

Lots of characters, good food, a big fire, loads of beer and a Kharzi with a great view if you left the door open. Saturday was damp and chilly but everyone was cheerful. Sunday was hot and sunny on a very testing HFT course(1st time for me) a great experience being talked through it by the more experienced HFTers. I will definitely have another go when I've had more practice on the close range stuff, that's what let me down!

Well now I'm on the AAOC forum as well I can keep my eye open. for events, however although I had to work the results paid off and I don't have a size 10 tuck in my derrière :icon_eek::big_boss: . The shoot was 18.30 so not to mislead anyone it was morning, should have used the 24 hour clock. Good news is that since i worked the weekend i'll be having a long weekend this week. I think a trip to the permission is in order.

Glad you had the weather on your side cos it was crap up here and I'm pretty damn envious I couldn't get there to share in the frivolities :drink: next time for sure :gunsmilie:

Thanks guys, ironically I usually get more than this and at one point I think the most was 13 inside the premises and outside. but at one point i'm sure I used toshoot one and half a dozen would turn up for the funeral but it's quitened down now so I only do a shoot there every 6-8 weeks or when I start seeing a few when I walk past the canopies.

Just as well I have reasonably bosses (either that or they don't want to pay for an outside contractor to come in) :fool:

• 1 month later...