who,s nicking my eggs

i caught 2 at the start of the year left the trap out till about a month and a half ago not a sign but i will get the trap back out and get another made from a design out of the trap book i bought off john b

If you got some layers pellets or bacon rind out , sit up with your pellet gun ..we keep chickens and had some ,,sat up two nites got three of them cheeky gits wernt even bothered by security lights Ive got some bait and tubes if you need them were in Childwall if any good?

HEDGEHOG in my opinion

corvids will go for the longer flatter surface of an egg laying on its side, where as a hedgehog will go for the pointed end. the rerason for this is its much easyier for them and their small mouths to let their teeth get a good purchase on the shell. then its just a matter of that long tounge of theirs to lick out the egg.

As with all things pest control wise, have a look for signs as to what animal it is your dealing with, foot prints, droppings and things such as chew marks.

Hedgehog prints

hedgrats001.jpg

Rat footprints

hedgrats002.jpg

Have a look at these two pics to see how easy it is to confuse the 2 types of print. once you know what animal your up against a course of control can be started. and yes ive been called out to many a rat problem around chicken pens, only to find the tracks are made by hedge hogs :thumbs: