• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

if I need to use a bung i'll just stick a fab on the point with a team of 2 or 3 buzzers below it. the last year i've fished buzzers a lot more and I've certainly caught more. Ive also been fishing sm

Here's a little story for you: I've been fly fishing for over thirty years and after all that time sometimes you still get stumped by the trout. My mate had invited me up onto his local upland reserv

Many years ago I read a book that changed the way I fished completely, and improved the amount of fish I was catching. Up until that time I had stuck to the perceived wisdom of if its cold go deep, if

Posted Images

Will you lot stop it lol, I have tried to steer clear of tying my own flies, but you lot are making me want to do it! Anyway cracking days fishing monday, 3 nice silver rainbows 4lb, 3lb, 21/2lb, lost 2 and must have had the fly taken at least a dozen times,only to spit it out, there was a good wave and an easterly (ish) wind, the fish could be seen taking hatching flies under the surface, I eventually found the fly (hares ear nymph) and the depth 4-5 foot, but what surprised me was the speed they wanted it :icon_eek: a really, and I mean really fast figure of eight retreive, as fast as I could do it, slow it down at all and no takers, I even hooked a really good fish (and lost it) :icon_redface: after starting a slow f8, then half way through, speeding it up full chat, as soon as I did bang took it straight away, its a funny old game this trout fishing,I find it very hard to believe that any nymph travels at that speed? But a belting days fishing anyway.