Spring Grease

you are better to get a tight spring guide for your gun if possible .a spring guide made to fit the spring in your gun .a tuning kit of some kind I havent used one my self but I have made spring guides . I have used motor bike chain spray years and years ago but I didnt have a chrono and I didnt study the results to close to how well it worked .If i had some chain spray and gun in bits I would give it a go .But some one may know better.I would not go and get a can of spray special .

Edited by barrywhite

The spring buzz or twang will be because of a series of factors. The biggest culprit is that your spring guide doesnt fit the spring properly and there is to much play there. Try taking your spring out and seeing if the guide is a nice tight fit, Also clean off the factory grease and use some bisley gun grease to relube the spring. You could also try polishing the spring ends to see if that helps eliminate any funny sounds. There are numerous things to try. Out of interest what rifle are you talking about with this problem.

The rifle is a TX 200 .177, it has a V Mach kit fitted so no issues with the guides, the spring comes pre lubed and the instructions say just lightly coat it with the supplied grease, it needs something like maccari heavy tar to dampen the buzz, it does not twang as such .

Yep bisley is good for deadening the sound somewhat. Those v much kits a sometimes full of problems. I've read a lot of posts lately of people fitting them kits and getting a lot of spring twang or similar noises.

Millers red rubber grease of the bay is really good it is very sticky stuff even using brake and carb cleaner to degrease a spring with this on it takes a few goes.

If you buy it don't put to much on as you will loose power it's that sticky

atb

David