Ferret Advice

Up to you mate if the hobs testes have dropped and the jills swollen up there going to mate .

A do you want kits ?.

B leave them together the hob might eat the kits ?.

C separate them now before theres a chance of kits

D get the hob snipped and you can put them back together in 6 weeks or so

So a-d ?.

If you're asking that question sorry to be blunt but surley didnt you read up before you got them and its a bit late asking the question when you had already put themale and female together. :$

Edited by joe14

The only thing is most youngsters will breed there ferrets as they see it as a cash cow , but being honest its going to cost you far more to raise a litter of kits feeding and raising them properly than you could ever make and no with the second year it a row theres a real shortage of rabbits more and more guys are packing in and is there a market for kits ?.

• Like 1

The thing

If you're asking that question sorry to be blunt but surley didnt you read up before you got them and its a bit late asking the question when you had already put themale and female together. :$

The thing is i did not mean to get both a jill and hob, however when i went to pick the hob up i was just given the jill for free, but yes joe it was a bit late me asking when i did, but things have changed now and they are housed separately. But after taking them to the vets to have a general check over amoungst other things i was told the Jill was potentially pregnant.

However we all live and learn don't we?

Regards
Jack

The only thing is most youngsters will breed there ferrets as they see it as a cash cow , but being honest its going to cost you far more to raise a litter of kits feeding and raising them properly than you could ever make and no with the second year it a row theres a real shortage of rabbits more and more guys are packing in and is there a market for kits ?.

Personally I would never attempt to breed them especially because I am new to keeping ferrets; I understand there is a huge likelihood of people breeding them just because they can see the pound signs,

I breed a lot of my own poultry so I understand there is a lot of money which needs to be put in before and after the kits come along, however as state above with the Jill possibly being pregnant, I will need to out the money in and never to do it again :/

Regards

Jack