greyhounds??

Guest Runningdog69

lets cut to the chase here socks, whats your problem?? What in my posts dont you understand???

The majority of the bitches that dont make it on the track are used in the same way i use my lurchers.

Now my lurcher work consists of rabbiting both day and night, daytime hares, foxes by day and by night with lurchers and terriers and deer.On all types of terrain.

Some of the bitches make it and are bred from, the most recent one i ran on for a lad in the north of england that was looking for a bitch to breed a litter from, she tok all of the above with very little fuss, took to it like a duck to water, she will go through 5 bar gates, jump them, ditches you name it, she is steady with other dogs and livestock and is worthy of breeding from, so thats what will happen with her.

others dont make it, but thats a way of life for all dogs.

I must admit that i would think 28 years of experience, plus all that was handed to me from my father and his father before him isalot of experience in any walk of life, i dont profess to know it all because in dogs every day is a learning day, but if you have any dogs you would like to have a race with, just give me the distance and we can arrange it, maybe then my experience will shine through :lol::lol::good:

Maybe its your incompetance as a dog trainer/handler that has your opinion that greyhounds are no good as a working dog :wub::D

Ive ran enough greyhounds to know what im talking about both on the track and in the feild, i would be comfortable in running most greyhounds ive encountered once ive spent enough time with them in the feild, there are some that will never make the grade for various reasons but isnt that the same with all types of working dog????

So if you want to breed a litter of lurchers and you need a greyhound as a base line, what would you do?? just breed from it because its a greyhound?? Seems i already know the answer to this one as you dont feel comfortable that they are or will be any good in the feild.

Its a shame more people dont try the greyhounds they use first becuae it would definatly lessen the amount of cur/rubbish lurchers that are produced every year.

And realisticly the majority of lurchers in todays society are point and slip lurchers, thats something most greyhounds will do day in day out.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i only keep distance dogs as to me the sprint is over far to quickly and doesnt in my opinion test the dog to his fullest. i have a very good marathon dog at the moment that i will put up against anything in your kennel for any amount of money. as you say you have a GREAT deal of experience so you Must have something in your kennel that you can race against my dog. OR DO YOU ???

I have a dog there 1000yards or a bitch 750 yards if your seriously intrested let me know and we can get things sorted.

Otherwise just leave me alone, its like ive said, greyhounds can and will make it as a lurcher, being honest about it they are what most lads want now, aim slip and fire :lol:

1000 yds suits me fine but i am not running my dog unless the purse is a decent one. i dont normally take one on one competitions but i will make an exception in your case just to prove a point. but as i say the money needs to be of a substantial size.

socks if you shout your mouth off and get challenged than atleast make sure you can stick to it.lol I like reading post like that they make me laugh you quickly learn whos genuine and witch ones are all mouth. :lol:.lol. Tarmac the drink are on you if you get your money mate.lol :lol: