when ?

as im not realy botherd in phesants i didnt no when the season had started and was just goin to pop a few off for the pot and yes i had shot a few last winter while out shooting squirels rabbits and woodys and other pest :signthankspin:

post-3546-1191790206_thumb.jpg

post-3546-1191790461_thumb.jpg

Edited by flinty

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

as im not realy botherd in phesants i didnt no when the season had started and was just goin to pop a few off for the pot and yes i had shot a few last winter while out shooting squirels and woodys :signthankspin:

So if your not bothered with pheasants , why shoot them in the first place?

there is no way you should be shooting them its hard enought for land owners to make money now a days for me thats £25 PER BIRD thats enough to get me kicked off my permission stick to pest control thats the service you probably offerd in the first place....

shot them months ago and its not on a shoot so its not costing no one

Im guessing her that you are a young boy, who thinks that it is glamorous to say he goes out shooting. Here is the reality...... You are nothing but a naive little twat :censored: Just because there is not a shoot on your land dosent mean that the birds do not belong to a near by shoot. Pheasants will forage where there is food and return at night to roost, they do not know boundaries like you or I. So just think how much time and effort a game keeper has spent raising those birds next time you think about pulling the trigger. As Woodchip said each bird is worth alot of money to a shoot and people like you taking "one for the pot" can have a unhealthy result on a shoot. STICK TO JUST VERMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just leave them alone mate,they're hardly much sport with an air rifle anyway! unless beaten and flushed even an idiot :pardon: could shoot em at ground. stick to paper til you can no longer risk mistakes and only then should you target quarry such as rabbits and corvids etc.

ok i dont see how the odd phesant would bother so meny

The problem is not being rude to you but as doddsy has said you seem very naieve and there are a lot of people who use this forum who have a lot of experience and knowledge about the country life and everything that goes in to make it successful .

And what you need to remember is that all it only takes is a few people taking pheasant in one area and it will have an impact on a shoot .

so stick to pests, it doesnt matter even if a pheasant wonders on to your shoot leave it its all about conservation and everyone plays apart in it and by leaving that bird you will probably help bring in more wild breed pheasants. :signthankspin:

Guest little_lloyd

At the end of the day if you can bring one of these birds down with your airfifle humanly and your taking the odd one for the pot then fair doos!!! Just dont go letting the local shoot know :icon_redface: Or youll end up with no mates :yes:

Just put to mind the hours and hours of work that came from the keeper for those birds B) SHHHH