EAST OF ENGLAND LURCHER CLUB SHOW

EAST OF ENGLAND LURCHER CLUB SHOW at The East of England Showground, Peterborough on Sunday 14th October. ALL EVENTS: £1 entry per dog.

RACING: entries taken from 8am. Classes as follows: muzzles must be worn. Rosettes to third place in each category and trophies for winners.

1. Simulated coursing.

2. Straight racing under 23"

3. Straight racing over 23"

4. Puppy racing

5. Terrier racing

SPEED JUMPING Rosettes to third place and trophies for winners.

To start after racing has finished: an against the clock event to find the fastest lurcher over a set of straw bale jumps. Entries taken at start line. 2 categories: under and over 23"

OBEDIENCE/AGILITY COMPETITION Rosettes to third place and trophy for winner.

From 12.30pm and throughout the day. Entries taken in Rng 3.

BRITISH SUPREME LURCHER CHAMPIONSHIP to take place at 12 noon.

The East of ENgland Lurcher Club are proud to invite all the Champions of Champions from 2007 to meet in the same ting to be judged by a panel of 4 independant judges.

The winner and reserve will receive a superb perpetual trophy, silver cup to keep, a rosette, sash and a framed certificate signed by the judges.

Please contact Penny Taylor on 07900 647329 for more details fo this event.

OPEN LURCHER SHOW

start 1pm aprox. Entries in the ring. Rosettes to third place and trophies for all class winners. 23 classes plus Puppy Champion and Best in Show.

Please contact Debbie on 077460 14180 for more show details.

FREE CAMPING AVAILABLE BY PRIOR ARRANGEMENT. LIMITED NUMBER OF FREE PASSES AVAILABLE ON GATE 12 ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.

Please note: there is a terrier show as well run by the Fitzwilliam Hunt: number to follow in a bit when I've found it!

The above show is held at the Autumn Show: rare breeds exhibition, dog agility, loads of good trade stands etc etc. Entry to showground is £7 per adult, not sure about kids!

BIG BUMP for this Sunday...........it famously pours with rain a few days before this show, but only once in 21 years have I known it actually rain on the day of the show: that was about 17 years ago! The sun usually shines on this showground LOL.

What classes are you after: or just wanting to know? Unfortunately I don't have one on my computer as I'm not involved with the main show: I'll see if I can get something sent over to me from the printers and I'll put it up.

does anyone know what will happen about the competitors who have qualified for supreme finals if their passes dont arrive because of the postal strike, only asking because im coming from scotland

Don't worry about it: I'm going to phone all the qualifiers tomorrow night to reassure you all that there will be passes on the gate in your names if you've qualified: I actually got some post today so they might still arrive in time, but if they don't, don't sweat!

Just give me a bell if your'e worried.

does anyone know what will happen about the competitors who have qualified for supreme finals if their passes dont arrive because of the postal strike, only asking because im coming from scotland

Don't worry about it: I'm going to phone all the qualifiers tomorrow night to reassure you all that there will be passes on the gate in your names if you've qualified: I actually got some post today so they might still arrive in time, but if they don't, don't sweat!

Just give me a bell if your'e worried.

(dennned) I HAVE NOT HAD ANY POST FOR A FEW DAYS WAS JUST WORRIED THAT I WOULD'NT GET THE QUALIFIERS IN TIME

I went today, really enjoyed it great atmosphere. Was really pleased with my 15 month old bitch who had her first ever race in the unders and came second in her heat.

A good friend of mine was also reserve champion in the overs straight racing.

Well done Tanya and Sas, and to all other competitors.