Grey Squirrel Count

Guest little_lloyd

thought this would be the place to keep a count on how many i have this year, had 2 to start my year off as well,only walking the dogs and checking some squirrel boxes i put up a few months ago,first box 1 in there and 2nd box 2 in there but only managed to get the one,i took the one box down as i had to repair it,also the squirrel did not want to come out of the box so we sat down for 5 minutes and when he made a bolt from the box we give him 1 barrel of the 410 and let the dogs retreive it and have a shake,lol,few pics

post-2422-1199380295_thumb.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Since last may on the 120 acres of my shoot(1200 all in all) that i am responsible for i have accounted for 158 squirrel purely by shooting whilst walking around with my gun as well as shooting out dreys, goodness knows how many i have killed in dreys in addition to this figure.

They are top of my priority list along with the magpie, i cant stand the sight of either of them, last summer i saw one run in front of me and climb a tree, i couldnt see it at first so i waited for half an hour just to get one more, its addictive once you start.

Thanks

ss06

Three the other day for me, takes me to around a dozen this year. Only just started trapping. Airgun normally. I noticed 5 jays taking the peanut bait today! They are gonna get short shrift as well!

And to answer an earlier question that someone asked in this thread. Yes there are more this year than ever.

Keep at em lads and lasses, and maybe one day we will see the return of the red.

H

:gunsmilie:

Three the other day for me, takes me to around a dozen this year. Only just started trapping. Airgun normally. I noticed 5 jays taking the peanut bait today! They are gonna get short shrift as well!

And to answer an earlier question that someone asked in this thread. Yes there are more this year than ever.

Keep at em lads and lasses, and maybe one day we will see the return of the red.

H

:gunsmilie:

:clapper:

• 4 weeks later...

freind of mine just got a daystate ,took him out on a farm for a walk to get sights on and see how it shoots,its a 177 and it added another one to the count,a good shot off him at 35 yards and half way up a tree

post-2422-1208608854.jpg