Damageing Equipment

Hi there just a question I don't think I seen on here has any one had an accident and badly damaged your gun scope etc..

The reason I ask is cause I went out stalking yesterday and with my rifle slung on my back (fully safe of coarse) I full on slipped on my arse knocking the eye piece end of my scope on a tree trunk.

After a good dig to get all the bark out and examining the rest of my rifle and scope no damage was found thank god.

Any horror story's you guys got?

My step dad once dropped my entire rifle when I was handing it to him. Dented the metal tube and all of the glass frosted up so you couldn't see through it. Fortunatly he paid for the replacement.

What scope was it mate?

There was a guy on here ~ one of the fox lads, I believe? Slung his brand new Tika what ever, with its B&L, disgustingly pricey scope, onto his shoulder.

F**king strap detached and the whole ensemble clattered, horribly, to the quarry stone clad kitchen floor! :icon_eek:

Quite the story, that made! Can't remember his name now. But, if he's still here and reads this? He'll know!

My step dad once dropped my entire rifle when I was handing it to him. Dented the metal tube and all of the glass frosted up so you couldn't see through it. Fortunatly he paid for the replacement.

What scope was it mate?

Oh only a simmons whitetail 4-12X40. Nothing too expensive. Was one of my first scopes that got moved from air rifle to air rifle, and then onto my rimmie. Was due to upgrade anyway.

I was walking along a wall and slipped dropped my shotgun on to the farm road that fecked that one then my son slipped coming off the hill and landed on his shotgun in the slip and cracked the stock you can still use it though LOL