Beddy Greyhound A Good Cross To Go With A Beddy Whippet?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a pic for you

HERES MY WE BEDDY WHIPPET 2ND CROSS

I don't know who 'that Gaffa fella' is to be honest Quantox. I am sure the pups you are talking about will be from well working stock and good lines etc but I don't know him, his dogs or how they are

Posted Images

this is the bitch I am looking to line. not the best pics (she is my brothers dog)

the feedback and comments on this thread have given me a lot to think about in terms of what I want from the dog and how I going to get it. my thoughts are still a strong grey/whip cross, beddy grey cross 2nd cross. I have also been looking into crossing with a coursing dog.

thanks again for posts guys.

atb

post-22805-0-38101400-1392983654.jpeg

post-22805-0-38392800-1392983674.jpeg

Edited by gameforthegame
  • Like 1

I don't know who 'that Gaffa fella' is to be honest Quantox. I am sure the pups you are talking about will be from well working stock and good lines etc but I don't know him, his dogs or how they are bred and whether they would be suitable for me.

I don't need a 200% dog, if there is such a thing, it would be wasted on me. I am still very much learning the sport, have only taken it up in the past three/four years, and only owned a dog (from a puppy) for two and half years but lost her early into this season just gone. I don't need a world beater, just a dog that i have a chance to bring on, learn with and something i know where it has come from.

I don't disagree that it would be in their best interest if all the pups were homed before birth; guess those pups you mentioned aren't though if there are still some available? If i decide to have a litter I do have a couple placed and Id be having the litter with the primary reason to keep a pup on myself, albeit not knowing the size of the litter i couldn't place them all.

I haven't gone to any trouble yet, the deed is not yet done, I have just used this thread to ask peoples experiences and opinions in the hope that when i make a decision it is as informed as possible. Presumably you have never had a litter, or considered it?

all the best bud.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...