Early Finish

Today I had high hopes for the pups, as the last few weeks been doing really well and nothing to show for it, We arrived at our first place and there was a strong wind blowing on the open ground, I walked down an old drive that enteres the wood there was plenty of signs that they where about, I walked right hand towords the lads passing some thick black thorn dead bracken but nothing, so I then walk down to the bottom of the wood and back up away from the lads the dogs where looking but nothing was making them change gear, I got to the end of the wood and there was only 1 lad there and he has spoted ginger making his get away to the next wood, almost 15-20min. So I pushed on and tried to draw it back to the wood I came from got half way through and they started to take a drag which leaded to the other side and away to another wood with no go...I made my way back to where all the lads had lined up in the start, straight away they where on to a drag, he must of made his get away while the lads where waiting for me to draw the first wood, this cover his heavey with tight gorss black thorn and brambles, with dead lumpy grass and rocks hear and there snake terotary in the summer, I soon caught up with him on the far end of the cover going up the wall, all the hounds where hunting away well and pushing through some heavy stuff, and nearly getting to the end my old bitch give voice he made his get away towards the waiting lads, all hounds joined inn and pushed on with full cry they where moving at some speed, few minutes in to the hunt gun goes off, came over on radio 1 accounted for, dogs where with him in a few min, this is the first one they have seen in a while and boy have they changed. We headed back to the van and boxed them up. Our next location we hadnt done scince boxing day. Had some food while lads got in to there places, they where soon on radio they where ready, as I let the hounds out the sky darked and wind picked up stupidly, as I made my way through the mash to a wood on a side enbankment the rain started and thundering, lads on the radio telling me to hurry haha I told them they could wait entill I draw the cover the hailstones came down at a great forse with the wind and thunder and lightning I was caught in the middle of it, by this time the hounds had pushed on then bang bang another 1 accounted for, by this time the hound didnt want to know they where trying to find shelter, with the hailstones coming down so hard and the noise of the thunder, I asked the lads where they were and they had made there way to the pick up, so I headed back and called it a day wet through. Was very impressed the way they hunted to day, cant wait for next week end. CWN-HELA

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...