Jagd Terrier Uk

Waterside kennels, Norfolk, come up at the top on a google search

f**k that, i onced asked to see a pic of the sire to a litter and it was way over 17" then i asked about the dam and it was bred by themselves therefore doesnt work and was only 2 yr old. They dont work the dogs they just import the odd working one, so now they breeding off non workers aswell,

all there dogs are from working stock everything has been imported as far as i no and tested be for they got to the uk and no mine didn't come from them i have seen 2 from there stuff and they both work well to ground :thumbs:

gallery_60502_4845_54746.jpg

gallery_60502_7_913694.jpg

gallery_60502_7_1522568.jpg

There leggy but you can span them with ease they seem to have more drive than your average terrier shes only young still but showing a lot off promise all she wants to do is graft none stop

She's a cracking little terrier good luck with her!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive gor one there fuking nosy anoying b*****d but show alot ov work sighns /eg marking holes after anything [BANNED TEXT] fer and geting bit and not giving a f**k to be honest if it didnt show the keenes it would ov bin gone a long time ago fuking horible twat

• 1 year later...

Hello fellow terrier people.

I have just come across this forum and read through the various comments made regarding the jagdterrier back in January 2014.

I am now 57 years old and come from a long family line of game keepers going back to the turn of the century and have kept and worked various hunting dogs since i was 12 years of age, ranging from terriers to running dogs to gun dogs. Having always kept lakelands, patterdales, jack russells, borders and various crosses, i came across the jagdterrier several years ago and was so impressed with the breed i went on to research them over a 2 year period. I learnt that some of the best bloodlines for underground work come from the eastern block countries where basically there are very little hunting restrictions. I initially tried to source jagds in this country and without success so then tried to source them abroad which as some of you may have already found out, is very difficult. By chance, i was introduced to a Hungarian chap who is one of the top hunting/breeding guys in that country and who kindly offered to supply me with some dogs that had been worked and proven. I do not run a breeding kennel, the dogs we have are for my personal enjoyment and also to try to establish the breed in the UK. I normally only have one litter a year and to date i have only ever received good reports on the working ability of the dogs that i have bred. Obviously it is impossible to predict how a pup will turn out and a lot is dependant on the knowledge and ability of the individual terrierman and how the dog is brought on. These terriers are a young breed in genetic terms and have been selectively bred for approximately 100 years to create an all round working terrier which is very game, bold and intelligent. There would appear to be much discussion that these dogs are too big to go to ground. If this were the case then why is it that the jagdterrier is used all over the world on underground quarry with unquestionable success. Falcon, my main stud dog stands 15 inches and most of the bitches will be no more than 14 and a half inches. They are certainly not for the faint hearted and although i accept that in the uk we still have good working terriers, my experience is that the jagdterrier is far superior. Many of our native breeds have been ruined through incorrect breeding and crossing, whereas the jagdterrier in its own right is pure. I trust this may answer some of the points raised and If anyone has any questions or queries or would like any of my knowledge on the breed, please feel free to contact me through my website.

Yours in sport,

Richard,

Waterside Kennels.

• Like 2